Chapter eighteen - Losing My Mind

Start from the beginning

He smirked. “You blush a lot don’t you?”

I blushed even more, damn him. I playfully pushed his arm, “Shut up!”

He chuckled and pulled my waist closer to him. “You looked beautiful tonight, even better than that red head girl I brought today.” I blushed, he really thought I looked beautiful tonight? “I shouldn’t of brought her today, I thought it was a good idea because I wanted to see you-…” he stopped talking as he realized what he was about to say.

I was curious to find out what that other part was. “Are you sure your not drunk, Ryder?”

Silence.

We both burst out laughing. He looked so young when he started laughing, I started noticing his  features. His sharp jawline, his cheekbones, his dark brown eyes, his tousled brown hair that I wanted run my hand through and his lips. Kissable lips, which made me want press my lips against his. I already stopped laughing, he noticed that I was staring at his lips because I heard him stop laughing as well, I looked up to meet his eyes.

Kiss me

Kiss me, I thought as I kept on staring at Ryder.

He was about lean in but I got pulled away from him, I turned around to see who it was.

Chloe?

“Chloe, mind telling me why your holding my arm like that?”

She finally stopped and let go of me.

“Are you going to tell me what you and Ryder were just up to?” she asked grinning like a Cheshire cat.

You nearly kissed Ryder!

Oh yeah, I nearly did.

Shit!

I put my hand on my forehead. “Chloe, I nearly kissed Ryder! And I wanted him to, I don’t know what’s happening to me. I liked it when he touched my waist and grabbed my closer to him, I liked it when he called me beautiful and said that I have beautiful eyes. I liked it whenever he called my name, I like it whenever he smiles or laughs, I like everything about him. Chloe I’ve gone crazy! I like him and I’m not supposed liked someone like him. He’s a player, I can’t date a player.”

Chloe smiled.

Which made me angry. “What?”

“You just admitted that you liked him.”

Oh shit! I did.

“There’s not point in changing the answer, you like him and it’s okay to do that. I get that you don’t date players but come on Maddie he looks like he’s changed. Okay skip the part where he brought the red head in. But when I broke you guys from the thing you were about to do, he looked like he wanted it way more than you did. Think about it Madison, you changed him. He’s not a much of a player he used to be, he used to always sleep with a girl everyday, don’t you think he’s stopping? You don’t need to figure out your feelings for him now, what I mean is that you don’t need to find out the answer now, just gradually find out if you really like him. I mean tomorrow you might just hate him.” She said shrugging for the last part.

Chloe was right. I couldn’t just like him, maybe I was just noticing things that I like in a guy and Ryder was just one of those guys that I liked.

There it goes again.

I can’t like him.

“Thanks Chloe, I mean it. You’re the best.”

She shrugged and hugged me.  “Well I know I am the best.”