chapter eighteen

I don't bother knocking this time as I enter Vic's house. I'm too excited. I skip into the entrance of the sitting room where Vic looks like he's deep in thought. He looks up at me when he sees me standing there.

"Kells," he breathes with relief as he stands up. "Christ, what happened to you? I called you like a thousand times. Your phone has been off all week. I was so worried."

I giggle and bounce over to him, biting my lip as I grin.

I grab his tie and yank him closer to me before kissing him. I've been craving his lips all week and the simple sweet kiss is enough to satisfy me, but that doesn't stop me from wanting more.

I pull away from him and he blinks, seemingly dazed.

"W-we need to talk about this." he stammers.

"You and all your talk." I smirk, pushing him down onto the sofa and climbing onto his lap. "How about we don't talk?"

I bite his lip but he sighs once again and gently pushes me back. I look at him confused. He's staring down at his hands and he seems a little disheartened.

"Kellin, I think we should forget the kiss ever happened." he sighs.

My heart sinks and my stomach tightens.

"Oh." I whisper.

"We both obviously want different things. It's probably for the best." he explains.

"Different things? What do you want?" I ask confused, gently touching the side of his face, making him look back at me.

"I want more than this." he sighs, placing his hands on my thighs.

I squirm away from his touch, falling back onto the sofa but I quickly straighten myself up.

"More than what?" I question still confused.

"My feelings for you aren't primarily sexual, Kellin." he sighs, his gaze falling back to his hands.

"And my feelings for you aren't either." I urge but he looks at me disbelievingly. "What? Just because I've had a lot of sexual encounters, that means that I can't have feelings? Why are you treating me like every other guy does?"

"I'm not! Kellin, when you walked in, I just wanted to hold you and make sure you were okay. The first thing you did when you walked in was sit on my lap and bite my lip." he sighs.

I then understand why he's confused.

"That doesn't mean I don't have feelings. I guess I don't know how to show those feelings. I've never done this before. I'm sorry." I sigh blushing as I look away.

Vic's hand cups my cheek so I look back at him.

"Are you sure you have romantic feelings?" he asks.

"Definitely. I've never felt this way about anyone." I admit, my cheeks on fire.

He sighs and gives me a look of adoration, as he takes my hand. The simple action makes my heart swell. Vic squeezes my hand then leans forward and kisses my cheek.

"God, I missed you." he whispers. "Where have you been?"

"Mom broke my phone." I chuckle. "I got a new one but I lost your number."

"Remind me to give it to you before you leave." he murmurs, pushing some hair behind my ear.

I nod and bite my lip, biting back a smile.

"I don't want to forget about that kiss, or any kiss for that matter." I murmur, running my finger along Vic's chest.

"Well, since we're both on the same page, maybe you could be my boyfriend." he smiles.