chapter nine

"Kell, get up." Mom says. "It's three in the afternoon."

My eyes crack open and I roll over, feeling sore from last night's events.

"Oh, okay." I croak out.

"You finally cleaned your room. That must be why you're so tired." Mom smiles.

Confused, I look around and notice my room has been cleaned. I smile knowing it was Vic.

"Yeah." I mumble.

"You hungry?" Mom asks and I nod. "Come downstairs and I'll make you something."

I sit up and Mom looks at me confused.

"Where'd you get those clothes from?" she asks.

I look down at the clothes that I had gotten from the police station.

"Oh I found them while I was cleaning up." I lie. "I'm going to shower. I'll be down soon."

She nods then leaves the room.

I look down at my wrist and touch the tender bruise. I hiss at the contact and tears spring to my eyes as I remember last night. I remember everything, every little bit, except for what he looks like. I try as hard as I can to remember it but I can't seem to picture his face.

I pull out my phone and go to text Vic about it but decide against it. Maybe I'll remember. I'm probably just tired.

K: thanks for cleaning my room. You didn't have to do that.

He doesn't read it or respond so I'm guessing he's probably working.

I get out of bed, find some clothes then go into the bathroom. I turn the faucets on and adjust the temperature before I undress myself, wincing as my body aches. I get into the shower and the water instantly makes the numerous cuts and grazes from the gravel sting. I look down at my bruised thighs and remember the pressure that had been put on them. I look to my wrist that has his fingers practically engraved on my skin.

I choke out as small sob but quickly compose myself before I break down.

I get out of the shower and quickly dry and dress before going back down to my room to get my phone. I'm delighted to see Vic has texted me back.

V: it was my pleasure. How are you feeling?

K: sore

V: make sure you look after yourself and rest up. How are you feeling mentally?

K: I don't know. I'm still trying to process everything.

V: just call me if you need to talk, okay? If you don't end up calling me, we'll talk in detail about it tomorrow. I have to go now because my next client is here. Make sure you get plenty of rest. Bye Kells.

K: bye Vic xx

After that, I slide my phone into my pocket and head downstairs. As I'm going down the stairs though, I get vivid sensation from last night. I can feel his weight on me and the stinging of my cheek as it hit the ground. I begin to feel sick to my stomach.

I take a seat on the sofa to catch my breath and Mom then enters the room.

"I know it's early but I ordered pizza. I got extra though so if you're hungry later then you can heat some up." she says then her face falls.

"Kell, what's wrong?" she asks.

"Nothing, just feeling a little sick." I mumble.

She leaves the room then comes back not a minute later with a bucket. She hands it to me and I manage to take it in time to throw up in it.