16- Heated passion

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He smiled back at her and cupped the back of her head, pulling her in to kiss her. She didn't want him to kiss her, and only allowed him to peck her on the lips.

"Sorry, I need to brush my teeth. I've got a bad after taste in my mouth after dinner. Thanks again for dinner and taking me to a movie, I really appreciate it." she said politely, while looking at the front door.

"Hope to do this again soon." he smiled. She nodded her head and started walking to the front door, hoping he wasn't following her.

Antonio was standing behind the curtains, watching them after he heard Ethan pull up, as he watched out the window, his heart sank when he saw Ethan kiss her, and walked away from the window.

Sadie walked in the door and was immediately greeted by Isabella. "Sadie, you're home!" she screeched, running up to her and hugging her around her legs.

"How come you don't have your pajamas on?" Sadie asked, as she leaned down to her.

"Dad said we didn't have to put them on yet."

"Well it's late, we should get you two into your pajamas, where's your dad anyway?" she asked, as she stood up holding her hand and guiding her over to the stairs.

Isabella shrugged her shoulders and ran up the stairs. When Sadie got to their room, she saw Gabriella asleep on the floor. She lifted her up, carefully changed her clothes, and laid her in bed without trying to wake her. She then helped Isabella change, and into her bed.

"Did your dad even play with you today?" Sadie asked her quietly, running her fingers through Isabella's hair.

"Uh huh! We played hide and seek, then he got a phone call."

"Well that's good, I hope you all had fun." she smiled. "Go to sleep, and tomorrow if it's nice outside, I'll take you both to the carnival."

"OK!" She says, closing her eyes tight.

Sadie left the girls room, and looked for Antonio, she called out for him, but got no response. She started to worry, and looked around in his office making sure he got rid of the gun. She found it hidden in the bottom drawer of his desk, under a bunch of paperwork and grabbed it. Hiding it in a closet, on the top shelf in one of the spare bedrooms. She then headed downstairs to see if he was there, as she got to the bottom step, she saw Antonio shooting pool by himself.

He looked up at her when he felt her standing there. "Would you like to play?"

"Sure, I'm not very good at it though."

"I'll help you if you need some help, are the kids asleep?"

"Yes, and I can't believe you didn't get them ready for bed. Gabriella was sleeping on the floor, and Isabella was running around the house, where were you?"

"I received a phone call from my mom, my parents are still living in Paris and was checking to see how things were. I wasn't thinking, then I heard you come home. I've been so used to having someone help care for them." he says, shaking his head in disappointment. "They weren't by themselves long, maybe about fifteen minutes."

"Antonio, they're five years old, you need to watch them at all times, anything could have happened." she says standing with her hands on her hips, giving him a serious look, as he racked the pool balls together.

"I know." he sighed.

"Well, you're going to have to work on that." She watched him rack the pool balls, hoping he wasn't going to make her break. "I hope your breaking up the balls, I'm not very good at it."

"Come here, I'll help you." he says, waving her over.

After chalking up the pool stick, he placed the cue ball on the table and got behind her, placing her hand on the table, and resting the stick in between her middle finger and pointer finger, as he stood over her, speaking softly in her ear that sent goosebumps up her spine.