Chapter: 40

Anju's POV

I gently tried to wake Rohit from his sleep.

"Bhaii, get up. It's already 10 am. Don't you have to go to the office? And what is this? The whole bedroom looks like a jungle. The only difference is a jungle has lots of trees and plants, but this jungle has lots of files and papers. I am telling you, I won't clean this today. I have to go for an urgent meeting, Bhaii. Please get up."

Rohit, in a sleepy tone, mumbled, "I want to sleep. I had lots of work yesterday. Dare you touch my papers. You clean, and I have to find the papers everywhere because of your cleaning. I can't find my papers."

Rohit got up rubbing his eyes and yawned, stretching his arms.

I retorted, "Bhaii, is that so? Next time, I will carry all this and dump it in the garbage bin outside our society."

Rohit warned, "Don't you dare do this."

I teased, "So it is better you clean all this garbage. Next time, if I find it like this, I will throw it in the dustbin. And papers are meant to be kept in files if they are so important."

Rohit playfully pulled my ears.

I protested, "Bhaii, I will kill you."

Rohit said, "Is my breakfast ready?"

I snapped, "I am not your servant. Go get a wife for yourself."

Rohit turned upset, and I knew he thought about Tanu. He had loved her madly.

I apologized, "I am so sorry. I was kidding."

Rohit said, "It's okay. It is part of our life. Even if I say that go get a husband, you feel bad, right? We are not lucky, dear. Anyway, leave. Whom are you meeting today?"

I said, "I don't know. I will collect the details from the office. This is the first time I will be handling my clients all by myself."

Rohit asked, "Is Apeksha not coming with you?"

I said, "No, Bhaii. She has some other work."

Rohit said, "Okay. Best of luck and do well."

I said, "Yep! And your breakfast is in the kitchen. Eat and go."

Rohit hugged me and kissed me on my forehead.

I left for work.

My life had changed, and I was happier than in my previous life. In college, I met Apeksha. She was cute and carefree, inspiring and ambitious. She planned to start a consulting business, and she wanted me to accompany her. She was a hardworking girl, and together we opened "Apeksha Consultancies." Apeksha's brother, Ajay, a lawyer, joined us. Our main aim was to help businesses with solutions and legal issues. After a year, Rohit bought a 2 BHK flat, and we moved in. Rohit worked hard to handle the Pune branch on his own.

I reached the office, waved to Apeksha and Ajay, and asked, "How are you both?"

They both replied in unison, "We are fine."

I asked, "You both look tensed. What happened?"

Ajay explained, "There is some dispute in a property case of our client. I am finding out some points in one of the legal books."

Apeksha added, "He is in urgent need of this property so that he can sell it and pay off his debts. Otherwise, he will go bankrupt."

I said, "Okay. Carry on. Let me know where I have to go and whom should I meet."

Apeksha handed me a card and said, "You have to go to this address. I don't know the name. The client said that he just has a small issue which he needs our help to clear out. He will meet you at the coffee shop in the mentioned address."

I asked, "Okay. Cool. At what time?"

Apeksha said, "At 3 pm."

I said, "Okay. By then, we will help Ajay."

Apeksha said, "Yeah!"

Ajay joked, "Hey, you both ladies, don't help me. Let me do it myself. You will create a mess over here."

We laughed at his comment.

We worked until lunch break. I went to the given address, nervous about dealing with clients alone. I reached the coffee shop, which was huge and had a gift shop aside. I sat at a table adjacent to the gift shop, waiting for the clients. I could see the gift shop through the glass wall, decorated beautifully with toys, cards, and bouquets.

Suddenly, I noticed a man and a pregnant lady wandering in the gift shop, looking at the gifts. They looked cute, and the affection the man showed to his wife was pure and loving. I smiled, and then I received a call from an unknown number.

I said, "Hello."

The man on the other end asked, "Am I talking to Ms. Anjali from Apeksha Consultancies?"

I replied, "Yes."

The man said, "I have reached the coffee shop. Can you tell me where you are right now?"

I said, "Oh! I am at table number 10. I am waiting for you."

The man said, "Okay, fine. I am reaching within 5 minutes."

I replied, "Sure."

After 5 minutes, someone called me, "Ms. Anjali."

I was stunned when I saw the man. My eyes filled up with tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii frnds.. Hope you liked the chapter..

Can you guess who must have met Anjali? Waiting for your reply..

Do share, comment and vote..

Bye.. Tc