Chapter: 8

Rahul's POV

"Hello, my love," Tina walked towards me.

I greeted, "Hi."

In a seductive tone, Tina said, "You look tired today. Let me help you relax," pressing and massaging my shoulders.

I noticed Tanu leaving, leaving Rohit alone. I knew this was because of Tina.

I gestured to Rohit, asking what happened to Tanu and where she was going. Rohit responded with a hand signal, moving his thumb towards his mouth, indicating she went for water.

Feeling relieved, I took a sigh. We were drawing attention; I felt uncomfortable. Tina had chosen to wear a short dress.

In my thoughts, I couldn't fathom why she wore such revealing dresses, exposing most of her assets. Her massages resembled scenes from B-rated movies, and I couldn't comprehend why she persisted in seducing me, knowing I wouldn't fall for her. We had become the center of attention, and I hated it. I wanted this to end soon. While she might be nice, I needed to put a stop to it.

Politely removing her hands from my shoulders and turning towards her, I said, "Tina, thanks for the massage. I'm feeling good."

Tina, in a seductive tone, leaned in, her hands around my neck, "You'll feel even better, my love. Let me continue."

I said, while gently removing her hands, "Thanks for the gesture. Please let me concentrate on my match. You know how important it is for me."

Rohit was giggling, looking at us. Irritated by his behavior, I stared at him in anger, but he continued to giggle.

Suddenly, a girl in a loose T-shirt and jeans jumped on him, wrapping her legs around his waist. She wore glasses, and her hair was tied inside her cap. After a brief discussion, they went somewhere.

Tina asked me, "Who is that weird girl with Rohit?"

I replied, "I don't know. Leave it. Let me go; my team might be waiting for me."

Tina grabbed her handbag, saying, "Okay, love you, dear. Best of luck for your match," and kissed my cheek.

Without looking at her, I replied, "Thanks," and left the scene.

Anju's POV

Dad and Bade papa dropped me at the college entrance. I approached the gate with the college name embedded on top. The security guard stopped me.

In a rough tone, the security guard said, "Madam, you can't go inside. Please show me your ID card."

I explained, "Sir, I'm new to this college. I've come for admission purposes."

The security guard responded, "Okay, so whom do you want to meet?"

I said, "The principal."

The security guard informed, "Sorry, madam. He can't meet you now. He's busy. I just received a call from his P.A."

Pleading, I said, "Please, I have to meet him today. My parents have already discussed admission with him. Is there anyone who can help me?"

The security guard suggested, "Maybe department heads can help you, madam. Which department?"

I answered, "Commerce."

The security guard decided, "Okay, I shall let the department head of commerce know about you."

Relieved, I said, "Thanks. Thank you so much."

The security guard went into his cabin to make a call and returned, saying, "Madam, you can go and meet Mr. Naren Rajguru, on the left side, the third building, ground floor."

I expressed my gratitude, "Thanks."

Entering the building, I knocked on Mr. Naren Rajguru's door. A voice from inside invited me to come in. I saw a middle-aged person reading a book, who looked up when I entered.

"Hi, I am Naren Rajguru. You're Anjali Rathod?" he asked with a smile.

I responded, "Yes, good morning, sir."

He smiled, "Good morning. You're Rohit's sister?"

I confirmed, 'Yes."

He continued, "He told me about you. Nice to meet you."

I reciprocated, "Nice to meet you too, sir."

Apologizing, he said, "I'm sorry; our principal is a bit busy with today's tournament. He will meet you once he's back. He informed me that you'd be coming for admissions today."

I acknowledged, "Okay."

He suggested, "By the time he's back, you can fill up this admission form and attach a copy of your marksheets."

Smiling, I said, "Okay, thanks."

After filling the form and attaching my documents, I handed it to him. He reviewed it and handed it back, saying, "The form looks perfect. You just have to take the principal's signatures and then pay fees. You'll get your ID card from the office. You can join your classroom from tomorrow."

I expressed my gratitude, "Thanks."

He inquired, "Are you waiting today? For your brother's tournament?"

I replied, "Yes."

As his phone rang, he said, "Yes, sir. I shall bring her to your cabin." Then, looking at me, he added, "Anyway, Anjali, Principal Sir is calling you. You can meet him; his cabin is in the next building, ground floor. Shall I come with you?"

I declined, "No, sir, thanks." I took my form and bag, leaving his office.

As I walked towards the next building, I noticed a hoarding featuring two men, labeled "Basketball Tournament... Arts v/s Commerce."

In my thoughts, I wondered what this was; Arts vs. Commerce meant the tournament was within the college, between two groups. Rohit didn't mention it; why the sudden hype? I recognized one person; he studied in this college. Oh my god! If he sees me, I don't know what he'll do. My struggles, everything will be in vain if I continue here. I need to tell Rohit about this as soon as possible.

Approaching a group of girls, I asked, "Is this tournament within the college or what?"

One of the girls replied, "I think you're new. The tournament is within the college. The best team will go for inter-collegiate tournaments."

Another girl added, "This match will be interesting. It's like a cricket match."

Purposely, I inquired, "Who are these people?" trying to identify the person.

Pointing at the hoarding, one girl said, "This is the Arts team captain, Miraj Raichand, the spoilt brat of the politician Raichand. And this is every girl's heartthrob, the famous Rahul Malhotra."

I nodded and smiled, then continued towards the principal's office.

In my thoughts, okay, so one is Rohit's friend; yes, I have seen his photo in Rohit's mobile, and I just forgot. The other one is my enemy, the person who made my life hell. I won't let you off the hook, Miraj. You have to face the consequences of affecting mine and my friends' lives. Instead of hiding from him, I have to face this. I want to live peacefully. Moreover, Rohit is with me now. My family is with me. I will study in this college itself. It's decided.

Hii... friends.. Thanks for reading this chapter... I hope you liked it... 

Please vote and comment on this chapter..

Please follow me for more updates..