Chapter: 16

Hii friends.. Sorry for keeping you wait. I was really very busy... Lets go with the new part..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, at Rathod's Mansion

Anju's Perspective:

"Bhaii... Is he alright?" I inquired of Rohit.

"Indeed, Rahul is fine. He has a slight injury on his neck and palm, and the area near his knuckles is bruised," Rohit reassured.

"I know that. I was really worried. It was all because of me. I shouldn't have provoked Miraj. I am so sorry..." I confessed.

"It's okay, dear. Right now, the most important thing is that the scoundrel won't be attending college for a whole week. It's something the students will enjoy," Rohit remarked with a wink.

"But still, I am not feeling good. I want to see him now," I insisted.

"Anju, he is at his home, and there is Tanu and his mom to look after him. You just relax," Rohit advised.

"But..." I tried to say, and Rohit halted me with a firm, "Relax."

I was worried for Rahul.

Rahul, I am so sorry. Whatever occurred was all because of me. I hope you are alright. I shouldn't have provoked him. They wouldn't have hurt you.

Dad entered my bedroom.

"Hey dear, how are you?" Dad asked.

"I am fine, Dad. First, tell me, you had been to Chennai this morning. How are my friends?" I eagerly inquired.

"They are still in a coma stage. No improvement. I hope they get well soon," Dad sighed.

"They will be fine. I will pray to God," I said.

"How was your college?" Dad asked.

Oh no, I have not informed Dad about Miraj. He should be informed about everything.

"Dad, I want to say something," I said.

"Is that about Miraj? I already know. I had this discussion with your Principal. But whatever you do, take care of yourself," Dad said.

"Ohh, Dad, I know you are worried for me, but you don't share it with anyone. I promise I won't get into any sort of problems. And I will be taking care of myself," I assured.

"Okay, dear. Take care. Tomorrow, Khan is coming to discuss the Delhi issue," Dad informed.

"I know, Dad. Mizu had told me. I mean Mirza..." I bit my tongue for the mistake and smiled.

"Okay," Dad smiled and left.

I rested on the recliner near my balcony and closed my eyes.

--------Flashback--------

We all were sitting on the stands.

The match started.

Rahul and Miraj were in full swing, trying to get hold of the ball from each other. But Rahul was the fastest to collect the ball and make a basket. What Rohit said was true. Miraj really didn't know how to play. He doesn't have his own identity.

In between the match, Miraj did something, and Rahul's hand was injured. But still, Rahul managed to win.

We panicked on seeing blood from his palm. We immediately got the First Aid and nursed his injury. I saw Rahul; he was very hurt. We looked at each other. His pain could be seen in his eyes. I wanted to hug him and ease his pain, but not in front of everyone. I have to take care. But the pain in his eyes was urging me to go near him. I stopped, looking at him.