Chapter: 6

Six months later...

Rohit's POV

Today is my basketball competition, and I must get ready faster; otherwise, I will be late. Everyone will reach early today. After a quick morning routine and a refreshing shower, my phone rang.

"Hii. Good morning. Where are you? We will be reaching college in 5 minutes," Tanu spoke on the other end.

I replied, "Good morning. I am getting ready, packing my kit. I'll reach in half an hour. You take care of Rahul. Bye. Love you. Will be there on time."

Tanu responded, "Okay. Love you too." The call ended, and the realization that they would be arriving in 5 minutes hit me. Oh, I need to hurry up. I hope I have kept all the necessary things. Anyways, if I forget anything, I will ask Anju to bring it with her. Let's leave.

I am incredibly nervous today. Today's match will not be like an ordinary one. I need to prepare myself once again in college. I hurried downstairs.

Mom and Chachi had prepared Paratha, my favorite. They were setting up breakfast for me, knowing precisely how to uplift my mood and keep me away from nervousness. I ate and kissed both of them on their cheeks, thanking them. I went outside, and by then, Anju was coming after her morning jogging and karate training sessions.

"Hey, Anju. Don't you think you are practicing more than your capability? Morning jogging, karate, evening basketball with me, and then again, karate. You need some rest, dear. You should take off for a week and eat well."

Anju responded, "I know, bhai... but the truth is I am not able to forget what happened. I need to be ready always for all types of circumstances."

I insisted, "Sure, but still, you need rest, dear. These many workouts will affect your health."

Anju reassured, "Bhai, don't worry. In boarding school, I managed my studies with karate training and other sports. I am alright. I am just continuing what I used to do before. Just chill now. Leave about me. You have a match, right? Go and practice. I will reach college on time and meet you."

I said, "Okay. As you wish, but take care of yourself. Anyway, I am happy that you will be with me always now. And I will always be there to protect you. See you in college. Bye."

She said, "Bye."

I drove to college, contemplating, "The tragedy in the past months has changed her a lot. I hope she recovers soon."

Anju's POV

"Rohit is right. I will be with him always now, but except during my lectures. His wish that I and him studying in the same college will be fulfilled from today onwards." I mumbled and smiled.

Meanwhile, mom said, "Son, go and freshen up and have breakfast. I shall arrange it in your room."

"It's okay, mom. I will come here and have breakfast with you all," I told mom.

I went to freshen up, wore jeans and a loose T-shirt, quickly packed my college bag, and checked all my documents properly. I will have to meet the principal first today.

I went downstairs. By then, dad and Bade Papa were already eating. Mom and Badi Mom were serving their own plates. I sat beside them.

Papa said, "Good morning, son. Today is your first day in college. I have already discussed everything with your principal. Have you kept your documents and previous mark sheets with you in your bag?"

I replied, "Yes, dad. I am ready."

Bade Papa added, "Best of luck, dear. Don't think about the past and enjoy the future now. We will drop you off at college today. Okay."

I expressed my gratitude, "Thanks."

Bade Papa inquired, "How are you coming back home? I will send the driver."

I immediately declined, "No, Bade Papa. I am fine. I will be coming back with Rohit. He has a match today in college. I will be with him."

Bade Papa recalled, "Oh yeah! I forgot about it. He had told me. Where is he?"

Badi Mom informed, "He left early today."

Bade Papa confirmed, "Okay. I will call him afterward. The match is in the evening, right?"

I affirmed, "Yes," while eating Paratha.

Together, we had breakfast, and we drove to college.

Same day...

Rahul's POV

I must get ready; otherwise, I will be late. I have to reconsider and rework all strategies as soon as I reach college.

Good morning, Ms. Bracelet. Today is a significant day. Please pray for me and my team. I am playing this match for something good. You have always been my support system all these months. Today I want you to accompany me for the match. If you are with me, I will feel relaxed. I hope you are with me in reality. Talking to a bracelet is truly something foolish, but I have no option other than talking to you like this. I love you. I love you, Ms. Bracelet...

Oh! What did I say now? I have started loving a girl whose bracelet is with me, and I have never seen her. Rahul, bro, this is too much. Either your heart or your mind is playing with you. What if she has someone in her life or belongs to someone else? Don't think too much for now. If destiny wants you both to meet, then you will surely meet.

I went to have breakfast after packing my kit. Just then, Tanu came from the kitchen with plates.

"Good morning, bhaii. Let's have our breakfast and leave for college soon."

I was surprised to see Tanu coming from the kitchen. I asked her, "Why are you coming with breakfast? Where is mom? Is she alright?"

Tanu reassured, "Don't worry. She is fine. She has recovered from her illness now. Stop worrying. It is just that she got up late, so I was helping her."

I felt relaxed. Since the day bhaii and bhabhi died, mom has suffered a lot. Our family has gone through many problems. Tanu is genuinely a strong girl. She managed everything quite well. I am very proud of her.

By then, dad came and wished me the best of luck for the match.

I thanked him, and we ate our breakfast.

I took Tanu along with me to college. We were about to reach college.

"Tanu, call Rohit and ask him where he is."

Tanu said, "Okay, bhaii."

She called Rohit.

"Hii. Good morning. Where are you? We will be reaching college in 5 minutes."

Rohit said, "Good morning. I am getting ready, packing my kit. Will reach in half an hour. You take care of Rahul. Bye. Love you. Will be there on time."

Tanu said, "Okay. Love you too." The call ended.

Tanu said in a hesitating tone, "He is coming. Will reach soon."

I said, "I was able to hear Rohit's voice. Your phone's volume is a little louder. Anyway, I will handle it when he reaches college. The reason... I know why he is late. I heard you were talking to him on the phone last night. Tanu, at least during our matches, please don't disturb him. Even he is a human being. He needs rest."

Tanu understood what I was trying to say and apologized, "Sorry, bhai. Next time, I won't repeat it."

I smiled, touching her head.

We reached college. I parked my car. Our team was waiting for us, except for Rohit, who is always late. Thanks to my sister... love birds, Rohit, and Tanya. Anyway, leave that. Focus on the match.

Thanks, everyone, for reading the chapter.. Hope you liked it..

Please do follow me on wattpad for more updates.. Vinitha_21..

Please read, comment, and vote for this chapter.. Your valuable suggestions will be appreciated..