Chapter: 19

Anju's Perspective:

As we walked towards the gate, I followed Rahul. Suddenly, my leg was obstructed, and I stumbled. Like a superhero, Rahul swiftly supported me by placing his hand on my stomach. A strange churning sensation accompanied by a soothing relief from pain overwhelmed me.

"Thank you," I expressed my gratitude.

"Take care," Rahul wished as we continued towards the gate. I stole a glance at him, caught in a trance. Rahul, do you like me? Do you love me?

Rahul turned around, and I was shocked to see him do so. His expression carried a hint of confusion as he looked at me. Panicking, I immediately averted my gaze, looking downwards. My eyes bulged, and I bit my tongue. Did he hear me? How could he? I thought it was impossible for him to hear.

"Did you say anything?" Rahul inquired.

"No, nothing," I quickly denied.

"Okay," he accepted, and we resumed our journey towards the gate.

I started to contemplate, did he really hear something? But I reassured myself, Impossible, Anju, just chuck it.

We reached the gate, where Rohit and Tanu awaited us. Rohit and Rahul engaged in a brief discussion, after which Rohit asked me to accompany him. I glanced at Rahul; he was looking at me. A strange warmth enveloped my heart, and I obediently sat inside the car. Rohit took the driver's seat.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I questioned Rohit, "What were you discussing with him?"

Rohit replied casually, "Nothing, just about tomorrow's lectures."

"Okay," I acknowledged.

After a while, a playful inquiry escaped my lips, "Rohit, have you kissed Tanu?"

Rohit, with sudden seriousness, questioned, "Why do you want to know that?"

Blushing, I fumbled, "Nothing. Uuh! Actually, I saw people kissing and cuddling... like that... sort of thing."

Rohit chuckled, teasing, "Oh! You are interested in all these things. I didn't know that. I am surprised."

I retorted, "Shut up!"

"Oops! Anger, huh?" Rohit teased further.

"Will you let me know, or should I ask Tanu?" I threatened.

"Okay, fine. Yes, we have kissed each other several times," Rohit confessed.

"Oh," was all I managed to say, stunned by the revelation.

Rohit chuckled, "Happy!"

I remained silent, struggling to process the fact that Rohit had kissed Tanu.

My mind was a whirlwind of questions. I didn't know how to handle myself. I was still wondering, how did that happen? How could he kiss me? What made him kiss me? I needed answers to my questions.

Upon reaching home, I went straight to my bedroom and sat on the recliner near the balcony. Lost in thought, I stared into the darkness for hours.

After some time, Rohit entered, breaking my reverie. "Hey, not sleeping? We have college tomorrow," he remarked.

"I will sleep later. Just relaxing," I replied.

"Okay. Did you have food? I didn't find you at the table," Rohit inquired.

"Mom brought the food here. We both ate together," I informed him.

Rohit chuckled, "Oh, Mom and daughter together. Not bad. Tomorrow, I will have food with Chachi. It's my turn. You better stay away."

"Fine," I agreed.

"Okay, cool. Good night. Sleep well," Rohit wished before leaving.

"Can you sit here for a while before going? I want to ask you something," I requested.

"What?" Rohit asked.

"Have you kissed your previous girlfriends as well?" I inquired.

Rohit chuckled, "You are still thinking about that." He laughed and said, "It's not funny. I just want to know."

"Okay, yes, I had kissed," Rohit admitted.

"Does Tanu know about this?" I questioned further.

"I have never hidden anything from her. I genuinely like her, and I want to marry her in the future. Why should I hide all these things?" Rohit responded.

"Okay, but is it necessary to kiss when you are in love?" I probed.

"No, it happens naturally," Rohit explained.

"But if two people are not in love, and then if they kiss? Is it wrong?" I continued.

"Then it must be lust," Rohit concluded.

"But..." I began, only for Rohit to cut me off.

"But nothing. I have answered too many questions. I have to sleep. I have some important lectures tomorrow," Rohit said, ending the conversation and leaving.

I resumed my contemplation. Rahul lusting after me? Impossible. It couldn't be. He's a nice guy. But we are not in any kind of love. It means he lusts after me? No way. I couldn't digest it. Rahul, what is it? Why did you kiss me? Why? I want an answer.

Uncertain about my feelings, I went to my study table and took out my scrapbook. In it, I had painted my dream—it looked special. I stared at it, laying my head on the table, and didn't realize when I fell asleep, still thinking about that moment.

Rahul's Perspective:

I reached home, a heaviness in my heart. I didn't feel like eating and went straight to my bedroom. Sitting on the couch, I began contemplating the events that unfolded between Anjali and me.

Taking out the bracelet, I felt a sense of remorse. "Rahul, what did you do, bro? Until now, you were loving the owner of this bracelet. And why did you kiss your best friend's sister, Anjali?" My inner conscience reproached me, and I felt ashamed of my actions.

Addressing the bracelet, I apologized, "Hey, dear bracelet, I am so sorry. I don't know what happened to me. I feel so bad about what I have done. I don't know what Anjali must be thinking about me. I am feeling shameful about what I have done. I am not worth standing in front of you when we meet. I will confront her; I will apologize for what I have done. Yeah, that will be perfect."

Sleep eluded me; it was just a kiss, but it weighed heavily on my heart. Confused and questioning myself, I had always been firm in my decisions. I used to analyze each problem and take a decisive stand. Whenever I desired something, I found valid reasons to support it. But this time, I was confused. First, the owner of this bracelet, and now my best friend's sister, Anjali—what is this? Oh, my god, help me, please. This is such a bad thing; two girls are ruling my mind and heart. Is this love or lust? Am I that bad to lust after someone? I have good control over myself, but why couldn't I control myself while kissing her? Huh!

I punched the couch in frustration, awaiting morning to go to college and discuss and resolve this matter with Anjali.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey frnds..

I hope you liked this chapter as well..

I know Rahul and Anjali both are quite upset and astonished with what has happened.. But don't you think it is natural for soul mates to behave like that..

Please do comment, share and like..

Bye.. take care.. Will be back soon with the new chapter..