Chapter: 9

Anju's Perspective

I made my way towards the Principal's Office, where I encountered a diligent lady at a desk outside the Principal's cabin.

Politely, I greeted her, "Good Morning, Ma'am. I am Anjali Rathod, here for admission. This is my completed admission form."

A brief glance at my form was followed by her introduction, "Hello, I am Mr. Baljeet Sahani's Personal Assistant, Jennifer."

I reciprocated, "Nice to meet you, Ma'am."

Jennifer courteously directed me, "Nice to meet you too, dear. Please go inside; the sir is expecting you."

Entering the office, I found a man donned in a dark blue turban and a substantial greyish beard, absorbed in laptop work—a gentleman of Sikh heritage.

With a warm smile, I greeted him, "Good morning, Sir."

He returned the sentiment, "Good morning. Nice to meet you, dear."

Smiling back, I concurred, "Me too."

He shared, "Your dad just called me. He is very particular about you; we are great friends."

In agreement, I nodded, "Yes."

Taking my admission form, he signed it without much scrutiny. My questioning look prompted his reassurance, "No need to worry, dear. I have already seen your marksheets. Yesterday, your dad had already mailed them to me. You excel academically."

Dad, always ahead of the game.

Continuing, he mentioned, "I heard you had a lot of trouble in your previous college. I hope your troubles won't affect this college."

I conveyed, "Sir, I know being a Principal, you need to take care of everyone—students and teachers. But I feel sad to let you know that the trouble of my life is because of a student from your college itself."

Curious, he asked, "What? Who is responsible? And how can it be?"

I explained, "Sir, it's Miraj. Because of him, I had to flee Delhi. But when I saw his hoarding here, I became afraid," tears welling up.

In concern, he assured, "Dear, don't cry. I am sorry if I have hurt you. I know that guy very well. His political reach is far greater than we can imagine. But don't worry. If any help from my side is required, then I will surely help you."

Thankful, I expressed, "Thanks for supporting me."

He pondered, "But, dear, he will come to know that you are here, as you will be in front of him in this college. How will you tackle that?"

I contemplated, "I think I have to hide myself so that I can study here without him knowing that I am in front of him."

He inquired, "But how, dear?"

I confidently asserted, "I will handle that, sir."

After a series of discussions, the Principal, a person of charm and humor, expressed, "Dear, you are like my daughter. Anyway, take care of yourself. Any support you need, I am there. Okay? Do not hesitate to call me."

Gratefully, I responded, "Thanks."

He added, "Jennifer will help you with payments and ID card."

I acknowledged, "Thanks."

Leaving the office, I messaged Rohit that I was still in the Principal's office. Jennifer accompanied me for fee payment and ID card purposes.

Later, in the washroom, devoid of others, I decided to change my appearance. Seizing the opportunity, I engaged in warm-up sessions, drenching my body in sweat. With a messy bun, a cap, and rarely-worn specs, I transformed into a studious geek with a dull demeanor.

Satisfied with my disguise, I ventured outside and asked a boy for directions to the basketball court, receiving a furrowed look in return.

Nonetheless, I sprinted to meet Rohit, finding him engrossed in his phone. I rushed towards him, jumping on him, wrapping my legs around his waist.

Excitedly, I exclaimed, "Bhai, I got my admission. Now I will be with you all the time."

Rohit, in a puzzled tone, responded, "Anju, why are you behaving like this? It's nice that you got admission."

Whispering in his ear, I disclosed, "I need to talk to you now. Take me to an isolated place."

Agreeing, Rohit suggested, "Okay, let's go."

Behind one of the college buildings, he inquired, "Anju, what is this? You never behave like this. And what have you done with yourself? You look different."

I retorted, "Bhaii, stop it. Now listen to me. Are you playing against Miraj?"

Confirming, Rohit questioned, "Yes, what happened?"

I divulged, "Bhaii, he is the same person. You know what happened in Delhi."

Doubtful, Rohit asked, "Are you sure?"

Affirming, I stated, "Yes, Bhaii. I very well remember him. And you are playing against him. He is a criminal."

Assuring, Rohit declared, "Don't worry. He will pay for what he has done."

I explained, "Due to this, I have changed my appearance and am acting like a crazy person."

Supportive, Rohit said, "That's great. I am there with you. We will inform Khan uncle about it."

Concerned, I asked, "But, Bhaii, what about the match?"

Rohit reassured, "Don't worry. Now let's go and meet Tanu. She must be waiting for me."

Rahul's Perspective

Leaving the scene, I found Tanu holding a bottle, visibly upset.

Curious, I inquired, "Where were you?"

In an angry tone, Tanu responded, "Can't you see the bottle in my hand? I went to refill it."

I attempted to soothe her, saying, "Tanu, don't be angry, dear. She is like that only. Just ignore her."

Expressing her concerns, Tanu shared, "Bhai, I don't like Tina hovering over you. If I get a chance, I will kill her. I doubt she is playing with you. Beware of her."

I acknowledged, "Okay, now let's go."

Making our way to the basketball court, my heart started racing. I retrieved the box containing the bracelet, experiencing a sense of comfort.

Simultaneously, Rohit returned with the same energetic girl.

Introducing her, he said, "Hey bro, this is Anju, my sister."

Observing her appearance, I noted a mismatch with her character. Without having seen her photo before, I refrained from judging.

Tanu greeted, "Hi Anju, I am Tanu. Nice meeting you. At least from today, I have company."

Amused, I added, "Our company is bad or what?"

Anju and Rohit shared a smile.

Tanu continued, "No, Bhaii. Till now, I used to hang around with you boys. Now I have a girlfriend."

Laughter filled the air.

Anju's Perspective

Tanu emanates genuine friendliness, while Rahul undeniably carries a handsome demeanor. I earnestly wish their joy remains untarnished amidst the unfolding match. Anticipating a plethora of surprises, this game harbors an air of uncertainty, evoking empathy for the team. My hope lingers that Rohit grasps the situation soon.

Gazing at Rohit, a comforting gesture ensued as he placed his hands on my shoulders, fostering a sense of reassurance.

Hii... friends.. Thanks for reading this chapter..

Next part.. I will update about basketball match... Hope you will like it..

Please vote and comment on this chapter...

Friends.. Wish you all and your family a very happy and a delightful Diwali...