16

"Saaaaadie, do you love me?"

I turned from facing Lace to see Greta skipping towards me, a mixture of happiness and deviousness plastered on her face. She was holding something behind her back.

"Um, yes?" I blinked. Greta was a smart girl who somehow confused the shit out of me most of the time.

"Right answer," she threw a brown packet at me and I caught it clumsily. Thankfully I did not drop it, because bestowed upon me was a glorious sight.

Red fuckin' licorice, baby.

"Greta!" I shrieked, making the boys turn around to see what the hell was going on. I leapt on Greta and kissed her beautiful face. She toppled over from my weight. "I love you!"

"I knew one of them was a lesbian!" Jonah announced, slapping his knee. Everyone laughed and I helped up Greta up, before opening up the packet and letting the sweet scent woft in the air for a few moments. I ate a few bits, savoring the taste. I felt like Tallahassee in Zombieland eating a Twinkie. This is love.

I only ate a few pieces because I didn't want to waste what could be my last packet of red licorice.

The party hadn't been much of a party so far. Jack refused to get off the roof of the van and he thought the party was a stupid idea that was just going to attract zombies. To be honest, Jack was majorly pissing me off lately. He was going all weirdo leader dude on us, and he was trying to control everything. I decided to ignore it for tonight and enjoy myself one last time before shit got real.

I left Greta as she went off to go and see what mopey Victoria was doing, so I joined West and Chris as they watched the others dance around in front of the truck as it played music at a quiet volume. I watched Jonah pretend to waltz with Harry, flinging him around like a ragdoll. Cleo was drunkenly dancing by herself, stumbling over her own feet and Lacey and Ryder were dancing like nobody was watching. Seriously though, I think I got pregnant from just watching them grinding on each other.

Jonah saw me huddled up on a crate in between the Chris and West and a devious smirk formed as he continued to dance. He spun Harry around and let go of his arm, making Harry lose his footing completely and fall straight into Cleo, both of them hitting the ground. My focus then turned to smirking Jonah who was walking towards me. He knelt down and held his hand out to me.

"My little lady Sadie, may I have this dance?"

I shook my head. "I don't dance,"

Jonah looked up at me. "Neither do I, but that's not stopping me,"

I rolled my eyes and Jonah grinned, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. He ran over to the truck and changed the song before grabbing both of my hands, trying to make me dance. I slumped and he jumped around, raising an eyebrow at me. I recognised the song as What's My Age  Again by Blink-182 as Jonah threw me around. 

"C'mon Sadie, live a little," Jonah said, his dirty blonde hair falling into his eyes. He wasn't wearing his trademark beanie at the moment and it was putting me off, it was like he was naked or something. 

I thought about what Jonah said, and I thought what the hell, I am going to live a little. Jonah and I shimmied around each other and sung along to the songs like we were at an actual party being normal teenagers and not teenagers hiding from the undead. Eventually everyone was up dancing, Greta had even gotten Victoria to join in. She ended up actually having some fun herself. George watched from inside the front of the truck, looking sick and tired. We did everything to get him outside and to have fun with us but he just said no every time. He fell asleep in the truck not long after we turned off the music, Jack's 'orders'.