30

"I knew it! I knew it!" Lacey cries, pumping her fists in the air in triumph. A chorus of cheering and wolf whistling erupts. Chris looks at me, his face as red as a tomato, and just shakes his head. I start laughing as begins to grin. Jonah starts thrusting his hips in a provocative way.

"Did we really need any more couples? Honestly?" Jack sighs, coming up behind me and patting me on the shoulder like an older brother would. I look up and smile at him, squeezing his hand when he does the same. Jack had changed so much in the last two weeks alone, coming out of his shell and being himself, not some soldier with a hard-ass facade all the time. I truly did think of him like my stubborn, over protective older brother who likes to wear camouflage all the time.

"Whatever..." I waved off their incoherent squeals as the noise died down. God, I was surprised no zombies turned up they were so loud.

"I think this calls for more alcohol!" Harry cheers, bottles clattering as he raises a handful of them above his head. Everyone reaches for a bottle, and as the crowd disperses, Chris approaches me with a bottle in each hand.

"So," He said, handing me one and sitting down next to me, trying to make himself comfortable.

I smirked. "So,"

"Thank god you said the same thing," He sighs. I throw my head back and laugh. "What?"

"As if I wasn't going to, c'mon man. We've been tune-o-rama for the last week,"

Chris snorts. "If you haven't noticed, I'm kind of an oblivious idiot,"

"You're my oblivious idiot," I reach over and run a hand through his sandy hair that's doubled in length since the last day of school. It stands up at all angles and tickles his eyelashes when it falls forward.

Chris quickly glances around to find everyone occupied before leaning in and kissing me. I giggle a little as he pulls away and grins before giving me another quick peck. He acts like nothing had happened as he slings his arm around me. It's cute. He's cute.

Chris takes a reasonable swig of his drink. "That announcement should keep them occupied for a while,"

___

"Sadie and Chris, sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage-"

Chris throws the door shut as the girls chorus becomes louder. I laugh as I slip my sunglasses down and run to the front of the truck. He follows my lead, and we quickly start up the truck, our destination less than two hours away now, Lacey and Ryder having taken the first driving shift in the morning. It was nice to think that our travelling will soon be over, and we can hide away for however long it takes for the world to set itself right.

(If it ever does, but if everyone is like our group, waiting for someone else to do it, the world might be waiting a while)

"Y'know, if I knew that telling them would have caused this much childish teasing I would've kept it quiet," Chris groans as he starts the car, wiping his forehead of sweat before gripping the steering wheel.

"As if not telling them would make them stop," I throw my legs up on the sizzling dashboard. Chris continues to blankly stare in my direction, the truck quietly rumbling ready for us to star driving. I poke my tongue out at him, slip a CD into the stereo, and grab Chris's face, pulling his lips to mine. I can feel his stupid smirk on my lips as the music starts playing. The Vampire Weekend song I was listening to when he asked me about them rings through the cab of the truck.

"Alright, lover boy, we can't hold up the trip for too long," I pull away after a while as that silly grin tugs at Chris's lips. This dork will be the end of me, I swear.

Zombie FieldtripOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara