V

Dedicated to One_Direction099 for voting and just making my day.

Right now Liam, Zayn, Niall, Harry, Harry's twin Marcel (who both Luke, Harry and Niall failed to mention in the ten minute ride to my house (the silent one, I might add.)) and I are all sitting in my living room with my mum explaining to Harry and Marcel about my 'condition.' Fed up with hearing this again, I get up and go into the kitchen. Mums voice is dulled, hearing footsteps and the door slamming. I turn to see Marcel Styles. "Hello, Marcel."

"Hi, Louis."

"Can I get you something to drink maybe? We have water, juice, tea, coffee." I turn to face the boy with his hair gelled back and a sweater vest. I smile and grab a glass to pour the liquid into.

"Water is fine. If you want, could you tell me what you do know about your condition?" When I finish pouring Marcel’s glass of water, I tense at the question that left his lips. After about a minute then I turn and pass the boy with the glasses his glass of water and sigh. I knew someone was going to ask, but I didn’t want it right now.

"Well, the doctor said if it's untreated, I could, um, die and so they're looking for some type of cure or something to hold it off. But the thing is, it's not cancer but it is something similar, severity wise." I drop my eyes to stare at the tiled floor; I don't have a logical reason to why I'm telling Marcel this; I just met the kid for crying out loud!

"Have you told anyone else?" he asks as he moves towards the counter where I'm standing. I stay silent and he nods. "So I'm guessing Zayn, Luke, Perrie, Liam and Niall don't know yet." I shake my head.

"Zayn does, but I don't have much more time. They have told my mum that I have a year or two at most. I sigh, "The doctors haven't found anything that has remotely helped. Nothing works so I’ve switching medication about every two months for the past couple years."

"You have to tell your friends." and with that Marcel walks out after placing his glass on the counter and Harry walks in a second later.

"Hey, Lou." he says, smiling so you notice his dimples right away and I return the gesture.

"Hi, h."

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I look at him.

"I didn't want you to think of me as, um, as a freak like everyone else does. You know, that boy that is always at the nurse and has leeway with everything. I guess I just wanted you to get to know me for me and not because of my condition." I look down at my hands. He walks over, gripping my hands in his one abnormally big hand lifting my head with the other.

“Louis, I wouldn’t have looked at you any other way. I get that you’ve been turned away by a lot of people because of this, but I am not like everyone else.” Harry says leaning forward to place a kiss on my cheek. I nod, unable to get any form of an “okay” out, but all my mind would think about is the feeling of his lips on my cheek. I look up at the taller boy and pull him into a hug, burying my face into his chest and cry. He soothingly rubs my back and tells me that it would be okay. “How about I take you to your room?” I nod against his chest and tug on his shoulders a couple times to ask for a lift. He grabs my legs and lifts my bridal style (bridal style by Harry Styles, lol… no?) and walks to the living room to ask for directions to my room, since I will burst into tears again if I try to say anything. After Mum, asking if I’m okay and giving Harry the way to my bed room. He lays me down and covers me with the comforter.

“Harry- could you sing to me?” I ask, my eyes tearing again. I guess telling someone about the “consequence” of this fucked up situation makes reality hit me, hard.

“I can’t sing, Lou.” Harry says, moving my fringe out of my face. “But I can try for you.”

He moves into my bed and pulls me into his lap. “Maybe we're fireproof, 'cause nobody saves me baby the way you do. I think I'm gonna win this time Ridin' on the wind and I won't give up. I think I'm gonna win this time, I roll and I roll 'till I change my luck. Yeah, I roll and I roll 'till I change my luck 'cause nobody knows you baby the way I do. And nobody loves you baby the way I do.” When he finished, he placed a kiss on my forehead whispering a very soft ‘I love you, Lou’ thinking I was asleep. I pull my body closer to his and rest my head on his chest.

“Don’t leave me, Harry.” I whisper into his chest.

(How have you been? Trying to finish editing asap!!! Thoughts?)