ten

the beginning of an end, part one

song for chapter: ocean, martin garrix ft. khalid

dylan

MY EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, my body was laying on graysons warm chest my legs entangled with his.

the sun rising shown from above shined upon us beaming down on us.

the birds chirped, the sounds of the wind hitting the trees, and graysons light snores leaving his mouth every so often.

it was peaceful until i realized it was morning and we had accidentally fell asleep from talking all night.

i loosened myself from graysons grip grabbing my phone from the right of me. it was 9:42 am.

my phone blew up from texts from olivia and ethan the occasional ones from cole, caleb or addison.

"grayson. gray. graybae." i cringed shuddering at that one.

"dolan. BAILEY." i yelled trying to wake him up. he barely budged groaning.

i got the water bottle next to me and poured a little on his face as he shot up.

"what the hell?" he yelled getting up, i laugh yelling back.

"it's 9:45 already we're late for school, on the first day back too." i say frantically getting up.

he grabs my arm pulling me back gently hitting his chest. "we're late anyway, what's the point in going? stay with me today. pleaseeee?" he says softly whining.

i cross my arms before he leans in giving a slow but small kiss, his lips lingered on mine before he pulled away quickly.

"your breath stinks." i say laughing running back down the trail.

grayson gathers the stuff he brought following after me. "hey i wasn't going to mention yours but since you did first, your breath was waaaay worse."

i look at him offended as i push him harshly to the side with a laugh.

"let's go swimming." he says with a smile on his face.

"what? right now?" i asked confusingly.

"yes! right now." he takes off running laughing. i giggle from behind him following him to where the water was.

we rested our phones and stuff by a nearby tree, stripping from our clothes. he left himself in his boxers jumping into the water.

i took off my dress leaving me in my calvins, jumping in after him.

-

we walked back towards the car enjoying each others company laughing.

"you ready to go back home." he says starting up the car.

"not really." i look up at him as he grabs my hand giving it a light peck.

the drive home was quiet, a comfortable silence, it wasn't long before we reached our house.