one

the beginning

song for chapter: enemies - lauv

dylan everly

MY LAUGH ECHOED throughout the house the loudness bouncing off the walls.

along chorused the laughs of the others, all of us playing uno and sitting around the living room enjoying each others company.

"UNO!" i yelled with a giggle, everyone around rolling their eyes at me, as all of us had very few cards remaining this being our last round.

finally, it was my turn a devilish smirk making its way upon my face, the colour on the deck remained blue going around each person putting a card down.

it was now my turn, smacking down my +4 card, i screamed in victory.

a series of groans went around the room, i laughed standing up dancing around the room.

olivia, my bestfriend pushed me to the ground, falling in a fit of giggles a wide grin spread across my face.

there weren't many of us, just a few laid back friends having fun, my best friends olivia and ethan, cole, caleb and his girlfriend addison and of course, grayson.

-

three years ago

it was a hot sunny day when i grabbed some cookie dough ice cream and brought it with me outside.

i opened my front door to be hit with the warmth of the air.

i made my way to the steps and sat down enjoying the summer day and the cool breeze hitting my face, feeling relaxed.

a big moving truck stood in the driveway to my neighbours house on the left, noticing a young looking guy go back in forth with boxes.

taking in his appearance he was slightly tan with ruffled hair, slightly messy but still put together, the front part of his hair had a faded blue streak in it, which made him look extremely attractive.

he was wearing a simple black shirt along with a pair of shorts and yellow converse.

after a few minutes passed of me daydreaming i mustered up the courage to go introduce myself as i confidently walked over to him.

"hi! need some help?" i say with a smile before tripping on a few rocks almost falling over.

i mentally facepalm myself. so much for first impressions, i thought.

he returned back a cute smile as he laughed, sounding angelic coming from him.

you okay?"  he says walking over to the truck, trailing behind him i spoke up.

"im fine, im good."

"im dylan. dylan everly by the way," i say  awkwardly grabbing the last of a few boxes.