Chapter 44

*AIDEN'S P.O.V*

I went outside of the hospital to try and clear my head. I couldn't believe it. The doctors were fully convinced that Niall wasn't going to survive. I took my phone out of my pocket and called Emily.

"Hello? Aiden? How is he?"

"Its not great. The doctors don't think he's gonna survive, and they've told Sophie just to say goodbye to him, just incase." I trailed off

"Oh god, no." I could hear her crying

"Don't cry babe. How's Samuel?"

"He's fine." she sniffed "Aiden, you get back to Sophie."

"Okay, I love you."

*MY P.O.V*

A noise made me look up. I heard a beep of a machine and something moved beneath me. I jumped back out of fright, and I looked at Niall. He was moving, but his eyes were closed. Then he started moving even faster and he started to jerk. The beeping continued. I stood still not knowing what to do. Suddenly doctors and nurses came running in.

"What's happening?!" I screamed.

"He's fitting." the doctor said.

I ran forward and looked at Niall. He was still fitting.

"Someone please get her out of here!" the doctor yelled doing something to Niall's body.

A nurse put her arm around my shoulder and tried to pull me out of the room. I wasn't having any of it. She pulled me back even further. I was screaming Niall's name, then suddenly, the beeping stopped and everything was silent.

"What's happened?!" I cried, tears rolling down my face.

"He's gone into shock. Someone please get her out of here." the doctor murmured as the beeping started again.

Just then, Louis had walked into the room. He stood there for a few seconds before running over to me. He picked me up by my waist and dragged me out of the room.

"Louis, get off me now." I screamed.

"No, what happened?!"

"He's just had a fit! Louis let go of me, I want to see him"

"You obviously can't! I'm not letting you see him like that! Just please sit down," he whispered in my ear.

"Louis, I don't care. I want to be with him." I cried as I carried on wriggling.

He turned me around and I could see Niall through the glass window. There were still doctors and nurses around him, but he was laying still.

Everything was getting too much, I starting inhaling and exhaling very quickly. I felt my eyes roll back, as I collapsed to the floor, everything going black.

*LOUIS' P.O.V*

Sophie was struggling against me to try and run back in the room. I wasn't giving in easily. I tried to calm her and talk some sense into her and she wasn't having any of it. Suddenly, she just collapsed on the floor. Falling out of my grip and hitting the ground hard.

"Fuck! Sophie!" I yelled as I bent down.

Just then Aiden had walked in. He saw us and ran over to us.

"Shit, Louis what happened?" he asked, his face full of horror.

I swiftly bent down to pick her up, running over to the reception desk with her. The woman had witnessed what just happened and reassured us she'd be okay. She found a bed near to Niall's room and I placed her on the bed.

"She'll be okay, she's just overworked, she'll wake up soon," the woman said walking off.

"So what happened?" Aiden asked brushing Sophie's hair off her face.

"Well I just walked in to be with Sophie, so she wasn't on her own, and Niall was having some sort of fit or something. So I carried her out of the room and she was screaming and everything. When I turned her round so she could see Niall, she just collapsed."

*NIALL'S P.O.V*

I could feel myself getting stronger. I thought I was anyway, I found the strength to move my arm. And I did, but I could feel myself losing control of my body. Everything was moving, then...

*AIDEN'S P.O.V*

I was sat in stone cold silence with Louis. I heard a rustle from next to me and I looked at Sophie. Her eyes were open and she was attempting to sit up.

"Shh, it's okay," I calmly said.

"What happened?!" she panicked

"You passed out. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so. Can you get me a drink please?" she murmered.

"Yeah, sure." I said as I got up.

I walked through the winding corridors and found a water machine, I poured a cup and headed back to where Soph and Louis were. I stopped by Niall's room. A doctor walked out. I stopped him,

"Is he okay?" I asked

"For now. It's a sign. We have managed to pull him out of his coma, he's awake, but very drousy. You may see him if you want,"

A wave of relief washed over me, but panic aswell. For now?....

*MY P.O.V*

"Thanks Lou," I smiled up at him.

"For what?"

"For saving Niall," I sniffed as I looked at my hands and started playing with the sleeves on the hoodie.

"Hey, don't cry again. It's no problem, anyone would of done it, I was just the first person to have the reaction," he said as he sneezed.

"Oh god, you're getting a cold."

"I'll be fine. Probably just the water from before, besides, Niall matters more than me,"

"Come here carrot boy," I smiled as I opened my arms.

I embraced his hug. I heard running.

"Sophie Sophie!" Aiden panted.

"What?" I asked as I broke away from Louis' hug.

"He-he-he's awake," he panted.

"What?!" I screamed.

"He's awake, you can go and see him."

I jumped out of the bed and ran to Niall's room, Louis following closely behind.

"Soph," Aiden called from behind.

"Yeah?" I said impatiently.

"I'll wait outside," he smiled before I turned to look at Louis.

He took his hand in mine and we walked in the room. i saw Niall laying down still, but he had colour in his cheeks. He had his eyes open and he was staring into space.

"Hey mate," Louis smiled.

Niall looked round at us and smiled.

"Hey Lou," he croaked.

"How you feeling?"

"I dont know. I keep drifting in and out of conciousness and I can't feel my body with all the drugs I'm on," he attempted to laugh, making him wince.

"Do you need a doctor mate?" Louis asked.

"Nah, but can you get me some water?"

"Yeah sure. I'm sure Sophie is dying to talk to you!" he laughed as he turned to walk out of the door.

"Sophie? Who's Sophie?" he asked as he looked at me puzzled. "Sorry, but do I know you?"