Chapter 6

Sophie had gone up for a sleep about half an hour ago. I took Aiden’s advice and I was going upstairs to see her. I walked into her room to see her laying down. She wasn’t asleep, but she had her knees pulled up to her chest with her arms wrapped around them. Tears streaming out of her face silently.

“Hey hey hey, come here. He cant hurt you anymore.” I said as I sat down on the edge of her bed pulling into a hug, rubbing her back. 
We sat there for a good ten minutes, her just crying into me, making a wet patch on my shirt. I started to cry aswell. I couldn’t stand to see the girl I loved like this. I pulled away from her and looked into her bloodshot hazel eyes.

*MY P.O.V*

Niall pulled away from me and looked me in the eyes. His bright blue eyes shone back at me.

“I promise you Sophie, Jake is never going to hurt you again!” he said as he cupped my face in his hands.
“Thankyou,” I whispered as I hugged him again
“Sophie? Can I tell you something?”
“What?” I said as I wiped my last remaining tears away
“Well, I know this isn’t good timing, but I love you. I’ve loved you ever since I layed eyes on you. I hate what Jake has done to you. I love you Sophie and I want to protect you” he spluttered out all in one breath.

I couldn’t take it in. I had to think about what he just said.

“Niall, I erm, I think you should go now.” I whispered “I need time to think. Please come round tomorrow when I’ve had a good nights sleep when I can think straight?”

His face just fell into confusion and hurt.

“Sophie, I’m sorry. I’ll be round tomorrow. I’ll show myself out.” He said as he got up off the bed and walked out of my room. As soon as I heard the door shut, I ran to my door and locked it. I turned around and slid down the door tears streaming down my face. Did I really love my bestfriend after all this time?