Chapter 6: Help

I jolted awake, the nightmares too much to handle. I looked around at the room I was in. It was a steel square with medical items scattered around. I looked at myself to see multiple bandages and a white hospital gown with little blue diamonds scattered around the material.

I sat up quickly, and regretting the rash movement, I leaned back a little. My vision blackened a little before clearing. I looked to the right to see a steel door and a window, to my left was just a wall with hexagonal steel panels. I saw a group of four people standing peering through the window, looking at me. It was Natasha, Clint, a man who I presumed to be Director Nicholas Fury and Agent Maria Hill. I recognized them from when I hacked the system and looked at their files.

The door opened and the four of them walked in. I pushed myself into the wall and made myself as small as possible.

"Don't worry, we don't want to hurt you." Fury said putting his hand up and stepping back slightly.

"Then, why are you here? All everyone wants to do is use or hurt me." I said looking down. My voice was deeper than normal and was also horse from sleep.

"We want to help you." Hill said with her hands clasped in front of her. I scoffed at this.

"Help. Why would you help me? I killed without thinking about it when I was only thirteen, my own 'family' probably doesn't miss me, and my best friend was apart of the people who were torturing me. So why... why would you want to help me?" They looked at me with sympathy and pity. "Everyone I love ends up dying or hurting me, so I would like it if you guys would just drop me off somewhere in a desert with food and water. It would save everyone around me."

"I want to help you because you remind me of myself. I started younger than you, and I still got a second chance." Natasha said walking up to me. I flinched away and looked at her.

"I've gotten my second chance. And when I got it... I was being watched by a company to be recruited to kill. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. I was supposed to grow up happy. But I guess that being abandoned at one and a half by your mother is a sign your life is going to be crap." I ran my hand through my hair sighing. Clint spoke up this time, everyone's eyes on him

"I was an orphan. My parents died when I was about three. I was picked up by S.H.I.E.L.D at an archery camp. I was raised here." He said his hands in his pockets.

"They died though. They didn't want to leave you. My own mother left me. I was picked up by a Russian Assassination company. I was brought here because you found me half dead. Oh, see our story's are only a little different." I snapped at him. He only looked at me with sad eyes. Fury said something about leaving us to talk. He and Hill walked out.

Without thinking I said this. "Трахните Вас, Vlad. Трахните Вас." I looked up to see a surprised expression on Natasha's face.

"Who?" she asked looking like she was going to crap herself from fear. "Who did you say?"

"It was only the head of the company. No one special. Unless you call people who I want to kill special." I looked at her now calm expression. "Did you know him?"

"Yeah. He picked me up at an orphanage when I was nine. I left his company on a mission where Clint gave me a second chance, bringing me to S.H.I.E.L.D." She said looking angry now.

"N-Natalia? Natalia Romanova" she looked up from the ground her eyes dark, but an expression a couldn't place.

"How'd you know?" She had a sad glint in her eye, like she was remembering her past.

"He told me about you. Said I was going to become almost as well known as you, but that it wasn't possible 'cause you were the best." She looked taken back at this. She had her hard expression covering her face again.