Chapter 21: Here We Go

The edit above is done by none other than moi. Thank you. Continue on
-------

I woke up after only five minutes of sleep, and have been tossing and turning for an hour. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"J, could you play... I don't know, Disciple. The Horseshoes & Handgrenades album." The music started to play quietly and soon enough I was lulled to sleep.
--------
Another day, another pain. This is my life now, isn't it? Waiting for the pain of the day. I was taken to a room only down the hall, and was sat in a chair with leather straps on the arm rests.

"Sit tight. We'll be back in a minute." I only let my head fall and I sighed in defeat. I'm never going to get out. I never will. I had no allies beside STAR, and everyone else thought I was dead. I'm supposed to be some great assassin, but I'm just a disappointment. The leather straps did their part and held me in tightly so there was to thought of escape.

A man walked into the room. He had a scar running down the length of his right arm. I sighed in defeat.

"If your going to cut me," I started looking up. "just get it over with. It takes more effort to sit than to lie down." He smirked and pulled the blade from behind his back.

"Oh... that's just the opposite of what I'm going to do..." he trailed off, walking a circle around me. I let my head drop again. Just my luck. I tried my best to brace for the pain, but I still wasn't immune to it. He stopped in front of me, his hands resting on my wrists, pressing them into the metal arm rests. He took a moment to study my face, as I did his. His slightly unshaven face only added to the threatening look. His eyes were a dark, almost black, brown. He had a very prominent jaw but he had wrinkles in between his eyebrows indicating he always had an angry look. He took the ka-bar and started at my shoulder.

The cold metal caused goosebumps to erupt over my arm and the hairs on the back of my neck to stand. He twirled the knife around, the tip only testing the strength of my skin. I could feel the point stop spinning and the pressure increase. I felt my skin being ripped open by the thin metal. I ground my teeth in an attempt to ease the pain but it didn't help. The pain only increased as he dragged the rugged blade down my arm. My few cries of pain never stopped his hand. He didn't stop until the restraints stopped the path. I let out a deep breath in relief.

The feeling of blood gathering then dripping down my arm along with my arm burning in pain was all I could feel. I heard him let out a sadistic laugh.

"Oh... I'm not done just yet." His smile make my stomach churn in disgust. I wanted to spit on him so badly. I really did. I just knew better than to ask for another beating. My arm was already gushing blood and I didn't need any more bleeding. He took the blade and brought it down, right above my leg. He smirked while looking into my eyes.

"Screw the system." he said crazily. I was confused until he raised the knife. I was unprepared for the next pain. The six inch long blade was embedded into my thigh. I couldn't help but release a yell in protest. His sadistic smirk was back onto his face and his eyes were anything but sane.

Four or five very large men ran into the room and pulled the man off of me. I was thrashing around trying to get the knife out of my leg. The man roughly pulled the serrated edge out on my skin and it ripped as it was pulled out. I yelled even more as he was finally pulled away from me. Faster than ever, the doctors came in and tried to help me out. I was bleeding profusely from my leg and only badly in my arm.

They hurried to pull me into a medical wing, which had never happened before. They rushed around me to stitch together the wounds. But I was fading in and out. They were shaking me. Why were they shaking me?
------