Chapter 3: Missions

It's been about five and a half weeks since I got here. Kevin and I are really close now, but I still haven't told him everything about me, but isn't that what assassins do? I consider him family now, that he's my brother. He's all I have left. I've learned to speak fluent Russian, turns out I can learn different languages very easily. I started actual training four weeks ago and I'm pretty skilled. I like to use knives mostly, along with a regular 9mm pistol. The advisory dude-he never gave me a name-said that I was cleared for missions, that I was skilled enough.

Today was my first mission, I'd be going to Germany. One of the men on STAR's watch list was there, and he plans to sell weaponry and explosives. I had on my black jeans and dry fit tank on so I grabbed my knives and put them in the special pockets of my jacket. I grabbed my plain black 9 mil from the desk and tucked it into the back of my jeans.

"Kev! I'm ready to go!" I shouted since he was just across the hall from me.

"Kay! I'll be right there!" he walked into my room two minuets later wearing gym shorts, a tee shirt, and tennis shoes.

We hopped onto Kevin's motorcycle and drove to the airfield that STAR owned. When we got there we were escorted to a helicopter that then took us to Germany.

---------

"Excuse me, sir?" I said tapping on the targets shoulder. "My phone ran out of battery and my parents went out to dinner. I just wanted to go for a run, but I got lost. I don't know where I am. Can I use your phone?" I asked my acting skills kicking in. We were in a pretty secluded area. It was a building that led out to an ally.

"Sure, kid." He said in his Russian accent. He gave me his iPhone and I dialed up HQ.

"Hey" I said into the device.

(H=HQ A=Allie)

H: Are you ok?

A: Ya I'm fine.

H: Do you need anything?

A: Just a ride to the hotel.

H: Isn't Agent K there with you?

A: He left to check us into the hotel.

At this, the target was giving me suspicious looks.

A: Hey can you hold on a minute?

I pulled out my gun from the back of my jeans and shot him between the eyes before he was able to do anything.

A: So what's the car going to look like?

H: You'll know it's us.

The call ended and I grabbed the brief case the man had. I saw a black car pull up to the curb where I was standing.

"Hello sir, kinda chilly out." I said looking into the window.

"I have seat heaters." He said. I immediately opened the door at the code words. They were lame but they worked.

"Mission completed. I retrieved case and phone." I told the driver, he nodded and pressed a green button on the dash. The ride to the hotel was silent.

"Thanks." I closed the door to the black Sudan and walked into the three star hotel. I walked up to the granite desk. Behind it was a girl with too much makeup on. Things in different countries don't change much do they.

"Room for Davis. My brother was just in here?" I asks the girl. She looked at me and looked down while rolling her eyes.

"Is there something wrong ma'am?" I asked a little angry, I don't have the best patients or anger management skills. In other works, the slightest thing will tick me off.