Chapter 37 - three wishes(the proposal part 3)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah! Yeah!" I nodded.

"You can make three wishes . . . " Sabbi, who now seemed her normal self told me.

"Why not? Three wishes then . . ." I said dreamily before closing my eyes.

"Three wishes, Princess!" Ashton's voice intruded in my thoughts and I nodded my head.

I wish that Ashton is the One, for me!

I wish for Sabbi's complete recovery!

And . . . I wish for a happy marriage . . . with the true love of my life.

Then I opened my eyes. Ashton was standing right in front of me, our eyes connected. I could see so much love in them, words just were not necessary in our silent communication.

He was taking some pictures of me in his own cellphone.

"Um, Angela . . . take our pictures, will you?" Ashton asked as he transfered to stand beside me.

"Sure . . ." She got to an angle to have a better view.

"At the count of three . . . you blow your candles Andrei, okay!" Angela ordered!

The rest had their cellphones and cameras ready and these were flashing even before Angela got to the third count!

I took a deep breath, then blew each flame off!

"Hey, Ashton! Aren't you going to get a slice for the special girl?" Davey was placing a saucer in Ashton's hand as he cut some slices.

"Here, give this to her."

Hyacinth made me sit in a couch that was separated from the rest of the arrangements. Obviously, it looked like this was purposely placed here.

I caught a video playing and it was trained on me.

Joy was overflowing from within me that I didn't think it was strange or weird. So I sat where my best friend made me sit and waited what would come next.

Ashton came to sit by my side holding a saucer with a slice of cake on it. His face was sober. He even looked nervous and anxious.

The room suddenly became still and silent.

"Princess . . . this is the first food I'm gonna give you . . . and feed you" Ashton said in his most distinctively husky voice and gave me a small smile. 

"It's only a bite-size piece of cake. But I shall always take this small gesture to my heart as this ocassion is very special!"

"Okay . . . !" I whispered, too lost for better words at the moment.

I opened my mouth when his hand with the cake on a  spoon came. I smiled at him. But my eyes caught sight of something that glittered!

My eyes grew round like the saucer in his other hand as realization hit me!

Time somehow stood still for a second as my eyes sought Ashton's!

His face mirrored uncertainty, anxiety and doubt.

I knew I've bitten something hard when it touched my tongue.

And Ashton lifted my face tenderly, solemnly sealing my lips with a chaste kiss.

Holding my face, he gestured for me to open my mouth . . . and he took something out.

My eyes immediately went to the ring in his hand. It was very beautiful. Its intricate design looked like a flower with a single diamond stone at the center.

"Will you marry me, Princess?" Ashton was now on his knee, anxiety still written on his face.

"Umm . . . " I was trembling that I fell on my own two knees as I reached out to him, burying my face at the base of his neck . . . silently crying.