Chapter 16 - Lost . . .

Ashton's POV

I've been pounding on my laptop for some hours, deleting and re-writing most, if not everything.  And nowhere did I get some good enough stuff done. I had wanted to so much as have everything, including my priority list on paper before tomorrow, but I guess this will have to do for now till I get myself up to it. I feel like I needed to have a break before things would break me.

I pressed a button connecting me to Gus.

"Yes, boss?" His voice came right away.

"Um, will you come inside, Gus."

"Be right there, Boss!"

I rested my back on my chair, closing my eyes for a second to clear my mind of irritating mental cobwebs.

Andrea's face that was popping in and out of my head came suddenly into focus. I couldn't help my smile spreading from ear to ear.  Hmm, breathing in Andrea's scent like she was right beside me.  Oh, God!  I miss her!

"Umm, boss???  Ohhh . . . you . . . seem to have just swallowed a beautiful fish with that cheshire smile you're wearing on your face!"

"Got your pen and notebook?"  I asked Gus before I managed to hide my smile.

But he'd been in my employ for years he'd grown quite familiar with me and . . . he could read me like the back of his hand.

"Do you remember the number I got from you Gus? Ohh!  Was it only last night?"  I suddenly placed the back of my hand to my forehead.

"Sure, boss.  And No. You arrived yesterday from the U.S.  I got you the number the night before yesterday."

"It definitely feels like it happened eons ago." I breathed out a sigh shaking my head.

I looked up to see his reaction.  He just raised his eyebrows giving me a blank stare.

"No, you wouldn't know, of course!  Uh, okay.  Please get me a florist in Boston and make sure it delivers a bunch of flowers or a bouquet at Andrea's house early in the morning . . . everyday!  It's in my personal account, Gus.  And make sure they're her favorite flowers. Get me also  her favorite flower."

"Right on, boss!"  Gus said as he scribbled something on his notebook.

"Also, I want to know who her friends are and get me their telephone and  cellphone numbers."

"What's that for, boss?" He eyed me as if I'd grown a pair of long horns on my head!

"Oh, just for emergencies, you know!  And, it should be confidential Gus."

"Sure, why not!" Shrugging off his shoulders.

"Yeah!"  I stared at Gus, daring him to refute my action.

"Uh, okay!" Gus said trying to appear nonchalant.

"And I want you to clear and move forward all my schedules tomorrow.  I want you to free the whole day for me.  I think tomorrow is the best time to take a breather and pay Grandmere a visit."

"Any day is the best day to visit the old lady, Boss.  I'm sure Grandmere would be more than happy to see you. It's been such awhile since your last visit to the farm, a hurried one at that!"

"Yeah, I know Gus!" Guilt now just filled me.

"Shall I call her . . . ?"

"Um, no!  I'll handle it myself."

"Yes, Boss!  Anything more before I leave?"

"I want everything done right away Gus!"

"Yeah, sure.  I'm right on to it!"