Chapter 11 - You Were Different

Andrei's POV

Feeling stiff, I sensed my unusual sleeping position.

Then the memory of Ashton flashed in my mind. I remember us talking about anything . . . about himself . . . and about myself.

So, this is how it feels when we're floating on cloud nine.
The obstacle in between the two front seats wasn't enough distraction for us.

He was contentedly holding me to unto himself. His arms were around me as I rested my face on his chest when sleep overtook us.

A small smile played in my face, his now familiar scent filling my senses. I listened to Ashton's deep breathing, his chest gently rocking my shoulders to consciousness.

Then I felt the weight of Ashton's arms wrapped around me. I fluttered my eyes open as I carefully tried to pull myself up. But his arms just weighed like tons.

"Ashton! . . . wake up! Ashton!" I whispered with urgency. I tapped his cheek very lightly. But I got no answer from his sleeping form.

My eyes flew to the digital clock on the dashboard which read 3:48am.

He'd talked of his hectic schedules during the past weeks and how tired he really was.

Watching his face for a while or whatever my eyes could see while I lay prone over his chest . . . I tried etching everything in my memory . . . in the deepest recesses of my heart. My eyes roamed over his high cheekbone, his strong wide jaw, now darkened with a day old stubble. Only the right side of course was visible to my eyes . . . his narrow, pointed nose, his thick and long lashes that are slightly curled at the tips. And his adorable lips that grazed my knuckles sending inexplicable sensations from my head to the tip of my toes . . . oh my gosh! Just the mere thought has sent goosebumps tingling from my nape to all parts of my body and down to the tips of my toes!

Never in a million thoughts did something like this entered my mind. And I wondered how in the world I'd come this close . . . and in an embrace with an Ashton Sterling! Right at this very moment I've no single clue . . . not even a very minute idea has entered my foggy mind.

And then . . . a thought brought an impish smile to my face. On impulse I pressed very lightly my lips to his cheek and lower jaw.

I stiffened when, all of a sudden I felt his arms around me tightened a bit.

"Hmm . . ." A deep soft murmur emanated from his throat.

" . . . . what a way to wake up!" He moved slightly to face me. A lazy smile erupted in his face, his eyes twinkling in merriment. "I might get used to this, hmm? And . . . I might want my Princess right beside me to awaken me like that each morning!" His teasing eyes were sparkling with mirth!

Huh!" My eyes grew big as saucers as my hand flew immediately to cover my mouth. I became conscious of my own audicity . . . and my morning breath, too! Oh, no!

"I . . . I'm sorry! I just thought you'd be leaving early, you know. It's almost four o'clock in the morning!" I told him guiltily trying to redirect his thoughts away from my present predicament.

"I tried to wake you up but you seemed to be so deep in your sleep."

"And you thought of waking the prince from a deep slumber with a kiss, hmm?"

I felt all so shy, my throat suddenly became dry as my tongue got stuck inside my mouth.

"Uh oh! But your lips landed somewhere else . . . " Ashton was by now smiling widely. "And the princess lost her tongue, hmm?"

I vigorously shook my head. I wanted to so much as stick my tongue out to him, but I'd hate myself more if I take his bait.

Then I sensed the subtle change in his light demeanor. My eyes immediately went to his eyes which were now hooded with his thick lashes.