Outcome

Larkin

While Luna was recuperating, from being viciously attacked, Maverick was attending his counseling sessions with Jordan, Lakin was fuming, while the rest were ready to pounce. While I enjoyed this delicious sandwich.

"What are you doing?" Lakin asked me in a huff.

"I'm eating. What does it look like?" I asked as I ate my sandwich.

"We are trying to find out who is doing this," she snapped.

"Correction, you all found out who is doing this. Dad and our uncles already know who is doing this, so let them deal with it," I shrugged.

"What is wrong with you? Don't you care about our sister?" Lakin questioned me.

Lakin was grinding my last nerve. I set my sandwich down and brushed off my hands.

"Listen, Lake; I care about Luna and the rest of you twits. I'm sick and tired of you thinking you can use fear and intimidation with me," I snapped.

She glared at me as I glared back.

"What's going on here?" Mia asked, walking into the kitchen.

"I'm explaining to my dear old sister that I'm sick of her shit," I snapped.

"Lake?" Mia looked at her.

"It's fine, Mia. Larkin is just a self-centered bitch when the attention isn't on her," Lakin snapped back.

"That's not fair, Lakin," I said to her.

"Oh, boo-hoo, life's not fair, Larkin. Get over it, you big baby," she yelled.

I looked at her and walked away. I left the house.

"Don't go away mad! Just go away!" Lakin yelled.

What is wrong with her? Lakin has never attacked one of us like that. She usually protected us. None of it made sense.

I went for a walk to clear my head until someone grabbed me. Their fist came flying, hitting me, triggering Roger's attack. I went into full panic mode as I kicked and punched.

I scrambled to get away when they grabbed my leg. As the person pulled me to them, I grabbed the most significant rock I could find and slammed it against their head. They stumbled back and fell. I got to my feet and ran. I ran as fast as I could.

I got to Maverick's house and pounded on the door.

"Open up! Please!" I screamed as I saw the person stumble towards me. No one was coming, and I ran. I ran as fast as I could to find a house to get inside of it.

If this is a nightmare, I need to wake up. As I ran, I crashed into someone.

"Christ, Lark!" The person yelled.

I looked around and didn't see anyone.

"Lark?" The person asked.

"They hit me; I kicked, I punched, I hit them with a rock," I rambled, scanning my surroundings.

"Who?" The person asked.

"It's Roger. Roger is trying to get me again. Please don't let him get me," I said, squirming in their hands as I cried. "Please, make him go away!"

"Lark, shh, it's okay," the person said, pulling me to them.

"Let's get her back to the house," Michael said as Maverick nodded. They walked me back to their house.

Once inside, I sat on the couch. I had a bloody lip, which Maverick was cleaning. Michael brought me a glass of water. I was shaking.

Maverick finished cleaning me up. "Lark, why were you alone?"