Chapter 24

I run out near the street. Watching the cars zoom by. The headlights are like shooting stars. Walk out there, and all of this pain will be gone, I hear a voice say in my head. I take a deep breath and lift my foot. Before I can lurch in front of an incoming car I feel to strong grasps pull me back. I fall to the ground to find Keisha and Emily at my side.

“What the hell are you doing?!?” Keisha demands. I look down and the tears drip to the sidewalk.

“Crystal, c’mon, lets get you home,” Emily insists. I let them lift my body up and propel me home. I turn once to look back. I see Harry staring at me in guilt and sorrow. I shake my head and look away disgusted at the animal staring at me. How could i have ever loved that? I knew this would happen. If I give him my heart he was sure to abuse it.

I stummble through my apartment door and drag myself to my room, not bothering to turn any lights on. I plop on my bed and pull my knees to my chest, burying my head between them. I try to stop the flowing tears, but there seems to be a leak that I can’t repair. They sting my cheeks like acid. I bite my bottom lip hard. Emily sits at my side, rubbing my back trying to comfort me. I hear Keisha over the phone.

“What happened?!? Harry fucking broke my best friends heart! That’s what fucking happened!…Did you know about this?…Is he back yet?…Leave him a message from me, if he gets anywhere near Crystal I will show him the real meaning of pain…love you too Niall,” Keisha says and hangs up the phone. She throws it down on the couch and runs over to my room. “That son of a bitch,” Keisha grummbles.

“You deserve so much better than that prick!” Emily tells me. They are both really protective of me.

“I hate him. I really, really hate him! I never want to see that jerk again!” I say between sobs. I cover my face with my hands and wait for the tears to come to a hault. When I feel them start to die down I look up and make eye contact with Emily and Keisha. They wrap their arms around me and I do the same. When they pull away Emily keep hold of one hand.

“You should probably sleep. I think that will help alot,” she suggests while jerking my hand up and down. I nod and lie down. They leave my room, closing the door behind them. I stare at the dark walls. My eyes sting from all the crying. I have never felt such a strong love for anyone, and now I have never felt such a strong hate. I’m past sad, now I’m full of rage. I want him to feel the pain he put upon me. I close my eyes and instantly I drift off into darkness.

***

I wake up with a serious pounding in my head. I rub it wincing at the painful head ache. I groan and lay back down. I reach over to grab my phone from beside me. I see I have serveral new messages. I open them. My heart stops.

Crystal?

Babe, c’mon.

Let’s talk about it.

It wasn’t what it looks like.

You have to believe me.

I’m so sorry.

I love you.

You are the most important thing to me.

Please reply.

I get it your mad, but we need to work through this.

All from Harry. Anger boils in my blood. But I see one message from another person.

Come to my office imediately! -Jane

I sigh and get out of bed. I drag myself to my closet and pull out whatever I see, no intentions of dressing nicely. I pull out a baige, baggy, long sleep top and some white short shorts. I put them on my slim body and adjust them. I bend down and grab a pair of baige shoes with diamond holes in them. I tie them on my feet and trudge to my vanity. I place a little eyeliner and concealer to cover my red, puffy eyes and to disguise the fact I’ve been crying. My hair looks terrible so I quickly brush it out and put a braided brown hippie headband on. I examine myslef. I look decent. I grab my phone and walk out of the place. Keisha and Emily are still asleep, and knowing them they will probably stay that way for a while. I lock up behind me and walk out of my flat. The streets are clean of any fans or paparazzi thankfully. I stroll to Jane’s office trying to act as normal as possible. The sun shine downs harshly, burning my skin. I just keep looking forward, to my destination.

I arrive at the towering glass french door and open them. Janes looks up with an irritated expression on her face.

“So, how have you been?” Jane questions. I take a seat and look at her.

“Just splendid,” I say sarcastically. She scoffs at me.

“So tonight I have a big arrangement for Harry and you-“

“No.” I cut her off simply. She is shocked. Never before have I done something like that.

“Crystal, we had a deal,” she tries to persuade.

“No. I’m done with this lie! I’m not going to be your puppet anymore!” I exclaim. She shoots me daggers, but instead of retreating back in my shell like I usually do I stand my ground.

“Everything you’ve worked for, dreamed of, are you willing to throw it away like that?” she pressures. I take a deep breath.

“I don’t need a lie to run my life. I can do that myself,” I point out.

“Crystal, you need something to keep you on top!”

“Then let my talent do the work! I don’t need a fake boyfriend,”

“As long as you work for me, you do!” she spats.

“I was thinking I would change that to,” I say, my words laced with vemon. Her eyes widen in surprise.

“Do you honestly think you can do everything I do by yourself?” she challenges, still trying to keep her cocky additude. I shake my head.

“No, actually I don’t. I think I could do everything you do and more,” I correct. I stand up and head for the door. When I’m a few feet away I turn to her. “And incase it wasn’t clear before, you’re fired as my agent. If I crash and burn, at least I have no one to blame but myself. Have a great day!” I storm out leaving her in awe. I take deep breaths. Did I really just do that? All of those times Jane thought she had control of me, and all those times I’ve believed her. I smile proudly at myself. I feel like my life is going to be so much better without her telling me what to do. I have control. And that empowering feeling is what I need right now.

***

For the rest of the day I lie on the couch watching sappy love movies. I had the idea they would make me feel better…they really don’t. Keisha and Emily come in saying they need to go to publix to get food. I tell them to go that I’ll be fine. The skeptically exchange a look.

“Are you sure?” Emily confirms. I nod.

“Positive. I’ll be right here when you come back,” I assure. They sigh and head out. I sit up on the sofa and continue to watch the vow. The acting is spot on and the story is just touching. But, I can’t help to think of my love with Harry. I really really loved him, more than anything. His sparkling green eyes. The adorable dimples. His perfect smile. All of those now are just painful weapons. I hear a knock on the door and I trudge over, not in the mood. I open it, to see a curly haired green eyed boy in front of me. The one that stole my heart and smashed it. Harry Styles. He stares at me for a moment, his glare intense than speaks.

“We need to talk.”

Crystal’s Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=53829761

I hope you guys like it! Please tell me what you think! I love to get the messages from you. Enjoy! Love you guys!