Chapter 8

Once Harry frames me with the date, the rest of the meeting just isn’t the same. I quickly make up an excuse to escape from the awkward atmosphere and luckily the boys believe me. Keisha, Emily, and I bid our good byes. Niall gives Keisha a giant hug and Louis gave Emily a friendly kiss on the cheek. Harry walks up to me slowly and everyone turns to us. We look at each other with conflicted eyes. He leans in and gives me a hug.

“I’m sorry,” he whispers in my ear secretly. I could feel his warm breath make contact with my neck. When he pulls away I put a fake grin on my face and nod. I say a rapid goodbye to the other boys and Keisha, Emily, and I wave to the boys on our way out. Thankfully, the crowd in the shop seems to be more tame and collected. We walk out the tall glass door and out to the concrete sidewalk. When we are outside Keisha and Emily turned to me.

“What the hell was that in there?” Keisha demands. I sigh and give them an apologetic look.

“You told us it was a management thing,” Emily adds.

“It is,” I start, “He must not have told his band mates that. The conniving son of a bitch,” I curse. Emily puts a hand on my shoulder.

“You don’t have to do this,” she says seriously. I look down and then back up into her blue eyes.

“Yes I do,” I mummble and begin to walk back to our flat. Keisha and Emily exchange a confused look and walk a couple steps behind me. They don’t understand, I think to myself. They don’t know the pressure of fame. I can’t throw this away. I’ve come this far and there is no going back now. If I cut this off now, I can’t even imagine the horrible publicity I may get. I can’t do that to my career…I can’t do that to me. I just walk forward, keeping head up with the last shreds of my dignity. Luckily, no fans stop me on the way to my place. When I reach the flat I run into my room and lie on my comfy bed. I look over to the alarm clock on my night stand, 10:00 a.m. I look away and close my eyes for what I intend to be a minute or two, but instantly the exhausten of the last couple days comes over me and I am pulled into a deep sleep.

***

My eyes flutter open, exposing my brown orbs. I look over and see the glowing red numbers from my clock glaring at me. 6:15 p.m.! I quickly jump out of my bed and run to my closet. I take a small grey dress off a hanger and strip off my original clothing. I pull the dress over my slim figure and adjust the position and straps. The instricate lace pattern gives it a more formal vibe. I place a pair of flat, fancy sandals that match my dress perfectly on my feet. I jog to my vanity and pull my reformed curls into a low bun with some strands of hair loose, framing my face. I grab my eyeliner and trace my eyelid gently, leaving a black trail behind. Next, I grab my eyeshaddow and apply a light grey shade to match my entire outfit. To finish it off, I apply a light coat of pale lip gloss to add an extra shine to my full lips. I press my lips together and reach for a silver clutch and place my phone and some money inside. I suddenly hear a knock on the door. I run over and see Keisha and Emily lying on the couch watching the movie New Years Eve.

“Thanks for getting that,” I sarcastically remark. Keisha puts her thumb up and gives a fake smile.

“Welcome!” she says. I roll my eyes playfully and flip her the bird. I open the door causually and see Harry standing in front of me with a elegant black tuxedo with a dark blue bowtie. The moment he sees me I can see a look of amazment grow on his face. He stares at me in awe and I look at him with my eye brows raised. When he sees my face, he clears he throat awkwardly and send me a warm smile.

“You look stunning,” he musters out. A small grin lurks on my face.

“Thank you. You look pretty sharp yourself,” I retort.

“Can you two keep it down? We’re trying to watch a movie!” Keisha shouts stuffing a handfull of popcorn in her mouth.

“We should get going,” Harry says as he holds the door open for me. I nod.

“See you guys later,” I speak while I wave.

“You two don’t get to crazy! Have her back by eleven!” Emily calls out joking as we leave. I let out a silent giggle and so does Harry.

“Charming friends you have there,” he says with a comical smirk. I give him a small shrug.

“Eh, they’re alright,” I joke and a laugh escapes from my mouth. He joins in and we both subside when we make direct eye contact. He looks deep into my orbs and I could feel my heart melt a little. Snap out of it! I think to myself. Pull your self together. Don’t fall for his cheeking grin or sparking green eyes…my thoughts seem to fade off into a different universe. I shake my head and bring myself back to reality and see him still staring at me. “Let’s go,” I say walking down the hallway to and down to the exit of the building. When we get to the translucent door, I could already see the bright camera flashes filling the dark atmoshere. I could feel Harry come by my side and look at me.

“You ready?” he asks before opening the door. I look up at him and give him a half-hearted smile.

“Do I really have a choice?” I whisper to him. He licks his lips and nods comprehending my point of view. I take a deep breath and I could feel his hand wrap around my waist. He pulls my body towards his and I could feel the heat radiating from his body. We exchange a nod and plaster fake, loving smiles to our faces. We open the door exposing us to everyone. Instantly blinding flashes fill my eyes, making my pupils shrink. The yelling of questions fills my ears as I see everyone going completely crazy. How could all of these people be so fasinated with a love that isn’t even true? They must be blinded from all the cameras.