Chapter 5

The thought of the kiss lingers on me through the rest of the night. How dare he make a move like that? Harry isn’t the only one who this affects. Through the entire movie he had his hand atop of mine and kept sending me flirty smiles. I want to smack him upside the head. At the end of the movie we got back in the limo after a few interviews. Immediately when the limo door shut and we took off I slapped him. I can’t hold the anger anymore.

“What the hell was that?!?” I screamed at him. He looked at me with wide eyes. Then a small smirk grows on his face. What was he smiling at?

“You know you liked it,” he says arrogantly. Is he kidding me?

“That was one of the most embarrassing, horrific moments of my life!” I exclaim.

“You started it! You went for the kiss in the first place,” Harry protests.

“On the cheek, dumb ass!” I retort.

“You know you were praying for more,” he says cockily. What did I do to disserve somebody this big of an ass? He reaches his hand out for my cheek and begins to lean in for another kiss, but I quickly push him away from me.

“Get off me!” I yell at him. He laughs playfully. Does he understand anything?

“You know you’re dying for more,” he says trying to lean in again. I kick him with my heel.

“You are disgusting. I don’t like you. Why are you making this hard for me? I hate this situation already, but you’re making it worse,” I explain. I look away in pure hate and despite of him. I could feel the energy in the limo change. All of the sureness and flirtation from Harry melted into an unfamiliar feeling. He places his hand gently on my shoulder and I whip it off.

“Don’t touch me,” I whisper coldly to him. I could feel his eyes burn a hole in the back of my head. He turns and looks out the opposite window. The rest of the ride is silent. Nothing but the sound of honking cars and sirens fills the air. The silence is haunting. Had I been too harsh? No! He kissed me for God’s sake! He could at least warn me next time. I turn my head and look at him staring out the window. His distant gaze seems so unnatural for him. Does he feel bad? His dark curls fall limply on his head. No! Crystal, don’t feel sorry for him! I think. But it’s hard. He seems to be so conflicted. I sigh and stare back out my window. When we get to the hotel I step out of the limo, but before I can Harry grabs my hand.

“Sorry,” he says softly. I slowly pull my hand away and I see his pained green eyes look directly into my brown one. I give him a small nod and close the door of the limo. I walk up to my apartment to find all the lights turned off. When I switch up the switch the living room was empty. I walk down the hallway to find Keisha and Emily already asleep in their rooms. I stroll to my room and grab my MacBook from beneath my bed. I open it up and go to google. When the search bar pops up on the bright screen I type in Harry and Crystal. Within seconds dozens of articles appeared talking about our kiss at the premiere. Every one enrages me more.

“No. This isn’t real,” I whisper to myself. Pictures of mid-kiss come up, and they look pretty intense. From the images, it looks like no innocent peck. I slam down my laptop and place back under my bed. My blood boils with anger. How dare he make a fool of me like that? He had no right. My phone beeps signaling I got tagged in a twitter post and I ignore it completely. I don’t want to see another article about this fake relationship. And to make it worst, it’s only the first day! He has the power to do whatever he wants and I have nothing I could do about it. I can’t risk losing my fame; I’ve worked far too hard to throw my dreams down the toilet. I stare at my blank ceiling and slowly fade to sleep. Dreaming is a nice vacation from the nightmare I’m living now.