Chapter 6

The sunlight peaks out from behind my window blinds and fills my room with white light. The light seems to bleed its way through my eyelids and force me to open them. I yawn and stretch out my arms as I pull myself up into a sitting position. My phone beeps on my night stand and I reach for it still trying to gain full consciousness. It reads one new message. I open it up. Jane. What a surprise. I arranged for you to meet the other boys today at 10 pm at Starbucks. Be there on time it read. I groan and lie back down until I notice the time. 9:30! I jump out of bed and run to my closet. I pull out my hot pink shirt with a music note on it and a pair of white short shorts. I strip off my other clothes and rapidly throw on the fresh pair. I run out and see Keisha and Emily watching Doctor Who in the living room.

“You’re finally up,” Emily says still entranced in the show. I grab a hair brush of the counter and brush the curls out.

“I have to go,” I say in a hurry.

“Where are you going?” Keisha asks curiously. I groan.

“I have to meet the other members of One Direction,” I explain putting on a pair of gray boots that are by the sofa. “Hey, I don’t really want to go alone. You guys want to come?” I offer. They exchange an excited look and nod.

“Sure!” they both say simultaneously.

“Let me just finish getting ready any we’ll go,” I tell them as I run to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I am completely ready I grab a purse and walk past them. “C’mon! Let’s go!” I yell as I run out the door. Keisha and Emily follow behind me as we run out the building looking like lunatics. It’s 9:55, five minutes to get there. It’s right down the block so we run as quick as we can. The wind blows are hair out of our faces and we run against the breeze. The sun shines down on us like a spotlight, warming our skin with a welcoming sensation. When we finally reach the green and brown building we strut inside panting from the tiring jog. Everyone in the restaurant turns and stares at me. Instantly, cameras click and flashing lights fill the environment. A waiter leads me to a private room in the back. When we all get there I see the all the boys sitting at a round table. Harrys green eyes look directly at me. I can’t tell how he is feeling from last night. Suddenly, all the boys stand up with their mouths wide open!

“That’s the girl your dating?!?” Zayn exclaims. “She’s damn fit,” and his eyes shift to Keisha and Emily. “And so are her friends,” he flirts. Keisha and Emily blush wildly in the background. It seems as if Niall’s gorgeous eyes are glued to Keisha. And Louis and Emily seem to be stealing a few glances too. Why couldn’t I be couple with one of them, as opposed to the biggest jerk in the world? We walk over to the circular table and take a seat.

“Hello girls,” One with messy brown hair and stunning blue eyes speaks smoothly, “I’m Louis.” He shoots Emily a wink and she returns it with a flirtatious eyebrow raise.

“I’m Niall, the leprechaun of the group,” we all giggle, especially Keisha. Their eyes meet and instantly sparks fill the room like a firework display. She brushes a strand of dark hair out of her tan face and looks down at her white converse.

“Zayn,” the one with the quiff introduces. He wears a white pair of nerdy glasses, but makes them look so elegant.

“I’m Liam, and I’m sure Crystal has met my boys Harry,” he concludes with a warm smile. Oh I’ve met him. “What’s your names?” Liam inquires.

“I’m Emily,” she says enthusiastically.

“Keisha,” she introduces putting out her two fingers to make a peace sign.

“And I think you all know, I’m Crystal,” I present. I look to Harry, but he seems distracted. I just ignore it.

“Do you girls go to school?” Niall questions. We smile and exchange excited glances,

“Summer Vacation!” we all yell throwing our arms up. Everyone laughs…everyone but Harry. When the laughter dies down Louis rests his elbow on the table.

“So Crystal, how did you and Harry meet,” Louis investigates. I am about to answer, but Harry beats me to it.

“The mall,” Harry quickly fibs. I furrow my eyes brows and he gives me a fabricated grin. I look to Keisha and Emily and give them a small, barely noticeable shrug.

“Um yeah. I was going to get a dress for the premiere last night when we bumped into each other. We started chatting and exchanged numbers,” I lie. I just need to go along with this. Harry send me an impressed smirk.

“Lucky you, Haz; she’s gorgeous,” Zayn compliments. I can feel my cheeks turn pink. “How did he score someone like you?” he asks me.

“With my boy band charm,” Harry says cockily. I roll my eyes and scoff at him.

“More like consistent stalking,” I correct and shoot him a playful wink. The table roars with laughter. Harry shoots me a genuine smile. And for the first time, so did I.