Chapter 20

After the beach we pile back into his car and think of what we want to do next. I can feel the resido of the sand sticking to my bare feet in my TOMS. I play with a loose thread of my blouse.

“If you want,” Harry starts, “we can just go back to your place so you can work on your audition.”

“But today is our day out. I don’t want to cut it short for my work,” I explain. Harry looks at me with his sparkling green eyes and touches my cheek gently.

“Crystal, you need to practice. Besides I don’t mind. I can help you,” he offers with a warm smile. I sigh and give in to his adorable grin and dimbles.

“Fine,” I say. He gives me a gentle kiss on the cheek and starts the car.

“How about we go to my place. The boys should be out today. We can just have the place to ourselves, and we can focus on your audition,” he suggests. I nod with a smile.

“That sound perfect,” I tell him. He grabs my hand ans squezes it lightly. He backs out of his parking spot and we begin to drive to his flat. He put the top down and put the music on. I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic At the Disco blasts out from the speaker and instantly we start singing along to the catchy beat. During the chours we turn to eachother and scream out “Closing the God Damn door!” we laugh and I point to the road signialing him to pay attention. He waves me off playfully and looks at the road. The sun shines down like a giant spotlight, giving off a comforting warmth that can’t be replaced by any thing. I pull out my phone and text Keisha and Emily the plan for today. I quickly get a reply from Keisha.

Oohh, you’re going to his place? Have fun (but not too much fun) and you better tell Em and I all the details when you get back! xx

I laugh aloud and roll my eyes. I don’t text back not really wanting to strart a conversation at the moment.

“So what is the movie about?” Harry inquires. I look to him and think to remember the plot.

“It’s kind of a modern version of Romeo and Juliet. A girl is a young artist from a high class family, and the boy lives in the ghetto with a broken family. It basically sticks to the story of Romeo and Juliet,” I explain. He nods in comprehension.

“And I’m guessing you want to be Juliet,” he adds. I bite my lip lightly.

“Metaphorically speaking, yeah I do,” I reply. He looks to me and cocks an eyebrow.

“Can I be your Romeo?” he jokes while giving me a cheeky smile. I roll my eyes and look down, my cheeks burning a bright pink.

“Romeo had some skill with the ladies though,” I point out with a smirk. He laughs lightly and glances at me and back to the road.

“Oh, I have plenty of skills,” I laugh in mock disbelief. We arrive at his place and he parks the car. “I scored you didn’t I?” he counters. I roll my brown orbs. “I’ll show you skill,” he says and his presses his lips harshly against mine. I feel him snake an arm aorund my waist.

“You’e going to need to be better than that,” I challenge between kisses. I can feel a smirk grow on his face and he leans in kissing my harder and more passionate. I grip the door handle from behind me and unlatch the door, while continuing to kiss him whole heartedly. I pull away and step out of the vehicle without any warning, leaving him face down on the seat. I laugh at his collasped body and he looks up at me with fake rage filled eyes. He pulls himself back up and gets out of the car. He walks over to me and I begin to back away giggling. He runs up and grabs my arms pulling them behind my back tightly. “Ow!” I exclaim as I wince as the light pain of my arms stretching. He holds them together against my back like a cop would. He leans over my shoulder.

“You had it coming,” he says as he pushes me forward, no way of escaping from his grip. I twist my arms around trying to get free, but his hold is strong and firm.

“What are you doing?” I ask while letting out playful giggles.

“I’m not letting you get away from me this time,” he explains while giving me a gentle kiss on the cheek. “C’mon, don’t fight it,” he says while leading me though the door and to his flat. He unlocks the door with one hand while keeping the other on my wrists and opens in, pushing me through. The walls are painted a light grey, and the room is filled with mitch-matched decor. He leads me over to a large secontional and sits me down. I stare at him with an eyebrow raised, wondering what in the world is he up to? He leans me against the back of the couch and takes his hands off my wrists. He moves them to my hips and lean in pressing his lips on mine. I pull away and smile at him.

“My audition,” I remind him. He sighs and pulls off of me. “Can I use your laptop to get the script?” I inquire. He nods and goes over to grab it. He comes back and places it on my lap. I send him a thankful grin and log onto my email. At the top I see it from the movie company and open it. The scene comes up and it appears to be when the modern day Juliet is with the Romeo and they are confessing their love. Wow. I read it over quickly and Harry leans in to look at it. “Hey would mind reading the boy lines out loud to me?” I question.

“I thought you’d never ask,” he retorts with a cock smile. I roll my eyes and begin to read the script aloud.

I don’t know what to say,” I choke out. Letting the puzzeled, helpless character take over me.

Don’t say anything. Let our actions do all the talking,” Harry says in the part of Romeo. Not bad.

But this isn’t right. It can’t be,” I reply, reading it off the screen yet making sure to put all of my emotions into the words.

“Wait. Put more into that. Don’t hold yourself back. Remember a time where you were unsure of something,” Harry stops me. At first I am caugh off guard, but I take his note and exicute it. I think back to the time when I had to decide about Zayn and Harry. I embody the pain and confliction I felt and put it all into the character. The torture of deciding what I feel, and differentiating right from wrong. Every ounce of agony I have left in my body I but it towards this character.

But this isn’t right. It can’t be,” I say once again. Harry nods to me in aprovel and sends me a proud smile.

But it isn’t wrong,” Harry assures, putting a seductive edge to his voice. “I love you.”

I love you!” I scream, letting fake tears fill my eyes. I read a little farther down. “Oh, the stage directions say we kiss,” I point out breaking from my character.

“Well we wouldn’t want to disrespect the directors vision,” Harry says with an innocent tone. I laugh and grab his neck. I fling my lips onto his and they dance together in a perfect harmony. When he pulls away he smirks at me. “That was really good. You’re definitely getting the part. But I think you need a little more practice on the kissing,” he admits. I giggle lightly and throw myself to him, pulling him closer to me. He wraps his hands around my hips and we kiss passionately. I let a hand run through his curls and work it’s way down his back, sending tingles up both of our spines. He pushes his hand from my wiast up and into my loose hair pressing against my scalp. I slowly begin to fade the kiss and when I pull away he is wearing a cheeky smile. “You’re ready.”