Birthday Wishes

I know this picture isn't in the bad era but it's as close as I can get. Thanks in advance!!!

June 12, 1988

It had been a whole month since I returned back on tour and yet I was still being treated like a piece of glass. I feel like precious cargo to everyone and it didn't make me feel any better. I rolled over on my side to feel the bed half empty and completely cold. My eyes opened wide to see that Michael was no where to be found which worried me, that is until I felt a pair of lips kiss my head softly from behind.

"Do you know what today is?" Nothing really seemed to be popping out to me which resulted in me shrugging my shoulders.

"Umm...Sunday?" Michael shook his head and pulled out a little gift box from behind his back.

"Happy birthday Anna." I mentally slapped myself for forgetting my own birthday.

"I can't believe I forgot that, with everything being so crazy I really haven't even thought about it." Michael chuckled at my forgetfulness before placing the little box in my hands. I carefully unwrapped the box to reveal a beautiful silver locket with the words 'To The Moon And Back' engraved on it.

"To the moon and back?" Michael reached around his neck and pulled out a locket that read the words 'I Love You'.

"Baby this is beautiful." Michael looked at me with pure happiness before pressing his lips to mine.

"Open it." He motioned to the locket in my hands. I opened the little opening to reveal a tiny picture of Cole in Michael's arms.

"M-Michael...th-this." There was nothing I could say for no words could manage to explain my emotions right now.

"I wanted you to have a piece of him that's close to your heart, and I have the same one in mine except you are holding him in it." He opened his locket to reveal a picture of Cole's frail body in my arms. Tears filled my eyes as I stared at the two lockets Michael set before me.

"Th-this is beautiful Michael, I have no words to explain how I'm feeling right now. I-I just wish we had him here to share this moment with." He wrapped his arms around my body and held me close to him as I began to cry.

"I know baby, I miss him too, so much everyday that it hurts. But I have you and without you I wouldn't be standing here, you are the reason I live and the reason that my heart beats." He wiped away my newly fallen tears with his thumb.

"You're also the reason that I live too Michael, each day I'm not with you I feel broken and completely lost. Michael the only reason I get by each day with the utter most depression and fault I feel after losing Cole, it's because of you. That smile and happiness you express every minute is what makes me want to stay alive, without it I don't exist in this world." I leaned my head against Michael's and looked intently into those desirable brown orbs of his.

"Promise me that no matter what happens between us, you will never leave me." I kissed the tip of his nose, making my way down to his lips.

"Wasn't even planning on it, I love you to the moon and back Michael and I wouldn't trade a moment that we have spent together for any of the riches in the world. My love for you is more valuable than anything, nothing will ever change my mind and that's a promise."

...

The rest of my day was spent with Michael pampering me with little trips to boutiques, gourmet candy shops, and a few museums. This was considered in my opinion to be one of the best birthdays a girl could have, and it was spent with the one I love and no one else could have made it better than that. Unfortunately, Michael had a concert tonight which cut our day together shorter than we had planned. I could tell that this tour business was starting to take a toll on him, he seemed to be more frustrated nowadays especially with his new movie coming up.

"Sweden! How you doing?!" Michael asked enthusiastically through the microphone. The crowd before him cheered excitedly.

"Now we're going to be doing something a little different tonight, so bear with me. I'd like to bring up someone very special who means the complete world to me and give you all a proper greeting." Michael rushed down the stairs towards where I was standing with Bill.

"Michael, what are you doing?" I asked as he grabbed my hand and brought me towards the stage.

"Do you trust me?" I was hesitant on saying, but I don't think I had any other choice.

"Yes, but-" Before I could get a word out of my mouth, Michael had already dragged me on stage.

"Many of you may know my girlfriend Anna Simms, but what you don't know is that she is not just my girlfriend anymore...but my fiancé." Michael grasped my hand and held it up for the audience to see. Screams and cheers were heard from all over the arena which caused a smile to break out on my face.

"That's not all! Today happens to be a very special day and I don't think it would be proper to celebrate Anna's birthday without you all." I covered my face in embarrassment. Michael began to sing the traditional birthday song with the whole crowd joining in,

"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Anna
Happy birthday to you!"

Michael brought me close to him, kissing the side of my face with passion. He pulled away slowly as I covered my face in embarrassment, this was something that I doubt anyone has experienced on their birthday.

"You're such a mess." I teased him.

"I love you Anna." He smiled brightly at me, tempting me to kiss him further but to save ourselves from embarrassment I walked off of the stage back to the previous area I had been standing at.

"Happy birthday and congratulations Anna!" Bill said to me, bringing me into a father like hug.

"Thanks Bill, I appreciate it." I blushed madly, rethinking of the events that had occurred throughout the day. Michael sure knew how to sweep a girl off of her feet, and he did it with style and poise.

...

"Have you enjoyed your birthday so far?" Michael laced his fingers with mine as we walked down the hallway towards our suite.

"This was one of the best birthdays I've ever had Michael, thank you so much baby." I kissed his lips passionately, playing with the locket around my neck.

"Well it's not over just yet, I have one more surprise for you." He unlocked the door and covered my eyes with his large hands. Michael guided me into the room carefully, hoping to not run into something.

"Open your eyes sweetheart." I gently opened my eyes to reveal one of the best birthday gifts that I have received today. My heart couldn't take the sight for I began to cry silently in happiness of the gift standing before me.

"T-Tatiana?"

Hello my lovely readers! I'm sorry for the slow updates but I just started my new job so I'm trying to write as much as possible. Just a heads up, I will be updating on June 25, no exceptions will be made. I love you guys so so much!!!!