Pain

Sleep didn't come to me easily last night. My brain was in a jumble after receiving the kiss from Michael, it may have been a slight peck, but it had done something to me. I decided that it was time to get up and actually do something than lay in bed and daydream all day long. As usual, my Aunt and Uncle were in the kitchen doing their morning routines, though my Uncle was dressed in a rather formal attire.

"Uncle Jack, why are you dressed like that?" I curiously asked as I took a seat at the table.

"It's Monday Anna, which unfortunately means that I have to go to work and leave my girls behind." He sadly sighed. I mentally slapped myself, since Summer started, everyday seems like Saturday to me. "Speaking of which, I better head to the dealership." My Uncle said in a hurry. He came and gave my head a kiss before hustling over to my Aunt to give her lips a peck before he leaving.

"Love you girls!" Uncle Jack called out before heading into the garage and pulling out of the driveway. My aunt handed me my plate before the phone began to ring.

"Hello?" My Aunt answered sweetly. "Yes she is, hold on a second." My Aunt handed me the phone. "It's for you." She said with a smile.

"Hello?" I was curious as to who it was, but I had a feeling that I knew who it was.

"Hi honey!" My mom said excitedly.

"Oh, hi mom." I answered back blandly.

"You don't sound so happy to hear from me." My mom sounded disappointed.

"Oh no! I'm really happy that you called, I just thought you were someone else." I twirled the cord around my finger as I continued the conversation with my mother.

"You made friends?!" She sounded surprised, almost as if it were my very first friend. "Honey that's great! What's her name." Why does she always assume that every friend I make is a girl.

"His name is Michael. We met on my first day here, he showed me around the town and we hung out yesterday." I said with a smile.

"Is he cute?" I could feel the smirk growing on my mother's face from the other side.

"Mom!" I covered my face with embarrassment.

"Oh Anna, I'm your mom. We're both girls, now is he cute?" She wasn't going to let this go was she?

"Yes mom, he's cute. Anyway that's beside the point. I'm really enjoying it here with Aunt May and Uncle Jack." Aunt May came over and gave my head a kiss.

"Well that's great Anna. I better get going, I love you!" Her enthusiasm shining through the phone.

"Love you too, bye mom." I handed the phone back to my aunt who placed it back on the wall. She had barely sat down when the phone rang once more.

"If that's your mom..." She trailer off with a giggle. "Yeah Sis?" She sarcastically answered. "O-Oh, yes she's here." Aunt May turned to me and handed me the phone. "For you." She have me a wink which hinted to who it was.

"Hi Michael." I answered with a smile.

"How'd you know it was me?" He surprisingly asked.

"Oh, lucky guess." I lied. "What's up?"

"Not much, I just wanted to hear your voice. Unfortunately, my father is making me stay home today." I could hear him sigh deeply on the other side.

"That's okay, there will always be tomorrow, right?" I tried to lighten the mood with enthusiasm.

"Yeah, you're right. I just feel bad that I made plans to come see you today, but now I'm having to change them last minute." Deep down I was kind of hurt since I have spent so much time with him, but he has to be with his family sometimes, as do I.