In the Spotlight

"Singer Michael Jackson was spotted coming out of the St. Louis Children's Hospital but he was not coming out alone. Seems to be that Jackson has found himself a 'Ms. Jackson'. This hasn't been the first time that Jackson has attended things with this special someone. Who is this mystery girl? Is this going to become the new Mrs. Jackson?'

My heart was beating rapidly at the sight of Michael and I, hand in hand coming out of the elevator in the hospital. Our one secret that was to be kept a secret was shown to the world and our privacy together did not exist anymore. Michael had his hands wrapped around his head as he groaned in frustration. I was pacing back and forth in anxiousness before going out on the terrace to get some air.

"Wait Anna don't go-" I ignored his warning and went outside to be met with a huge sea of photographers snapping my picture from below the terrace before Michael rushed out and covered my face with his fedora, leading me back inside quickly.

"I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't know." Michael held me in his arms, rubbing my back soothingly to calm me down.

"It's okay baby, I'm not upset." His soft lips kissed my head softly before instructing me to go pack my things for our next city. I looked over at Michael to see him pacing frantically while getting on the phone with someone, I assumed Frank. Outside of the window, I could hear constant shouting to Michael and I from the streets. Carefully I crept towards the window and peeked out through a sliver of light through the curtains to see the whole entire street covered with photographers and fans yelling at us to show ourselves. Before I could get a glimpse of anything else, Michael shut the curtains completely before turning to me.

"I just got off of the phone with Frank, and for now you need to lay as low as possible. Until then, we have to decide on what we should do to tell people such as our families and the world." I rubbed my shoulders uncomfortably.

"I don't know Michael, I'm just worried about the paparazzi attacking my friends and family once this whole thing is revealed. They won't know how to handle it and that's what scares me, like you said the paparazzi are vicious people and just imagining what they could do is what really makes me worried." Michael sighed before grabbing my hands.

"I promise you that I will do everything in my will power to keep them all safe and protected, you have my word. Right now I just have to figure out how to sneak you in and out of places with me, your safety is my number one priority Anna." I nodded my head before returning to what I was currently doing. Michael too packed his bags, trying to figure out how to get me out of here since the whole lobby is filled with paparazzi as well according to Frank. It didn't take long to pack everything since we were only here for a few days, but it took a while to try and find something that would make me less noticeable. All of the outfits that I had would make me look too noticeable and sketchy to some degree.

"Here, just wear this." Michael handed me one of his shirts that fit me like a dress due to the largeness of its size.

"Are you sure?" Michael tapped his chin before handing me his fedora and a coat.

"Now I am." I chuckled at the tremendous amount of weight that this jacket contained. I went to the bathroom to change into Michael's outfit he picked for me while he finished packing. I slipped out of my pajamas and into a pair of jeans with Michael's button down. The shirt itself was comfortable, not just because of the feel but because it was Michael's and that always brings me comfort. I came out of the bathroom to get his approval to be met with something that I wasn't expecting.

"Does this look-" I stopped mid-sentence to see Michael with no shirt on. I felt sheepish to just come in on him like that, but it became really hard to tear my eyes away from him. He began to notice as he made his way over.