Ch.12

The adoption center was almost how I imagined. It was very clinical, and had pictures of babies and parents on the wall. The colors were warm and inviting to make you feel safe.

" Miss Kaitlynn" The lady walked out extending her hand to mine. " Hi" was all I could manage to squeak out.

" Is this the father?" She reached her hand over to Matt, and he corrected her. " That's wonderful. Why don't we head to my office, and we can get a feel of what you want?" Matt took my hand leading me behind the woman. Her office was large, and set up almost like the waiting area. The pictures on the wall of white parents with mixed babies and black parents with a white baby.

" How far along are you dear" She asked taking out a notebook. "22 weeks" She nods and then asking when I had my last appointment. I look down and tell her I haven't gone to the last few. She looked up from writing to grab a form.

" That's no problem we have an OB/GYN here that can give the baby a clean bill of health" She kept rambling on, and Matt's phone started ringing. He ignored the call listening to the lady and I talk.

" We can do the ultrasound tomorrow, but today I'll give you some binders to go through. These are the couples that are ready to adopt, and a little about them. Some are open to having communication with the mother and others are not. Personally I wouldn't worry about that, because they often change their mind when they get picked" I simply nodded, watching Matt turn his phone off since it kept ringing.

" That pretty much covers most of it. We need that clean bill of health so that the parents know it's okay. Just look through these, and see who you like" I put the binders in my bag thanking her, and she lead Matt and I out.

" Do you want to grab some food, and go back to the apartment" Matt asked helping me with my bag.

" Yeah I better start looking through these, and find someone" I felt the heavy sigh leave my body.

" Who was calling you" I asked remembering his phone ringing. " Oh it was Shay" He coughed rubbing the back of his head. He couldn't have been more obvious.

" Are you dating my best friend Matt" I laughed pushing his arm. He started to apologize, and I shook my head.

" No do you. She use to have the biggest crush on you" I laughed watching him turn his phone on.

As soon as he turned it on he was getting another call. He answered it putting it on speaker when we heard things crashing.

"WHERE IS SHE" We heard through the phone, and I'd know that voice anywhere. It was Taylor he must have gone to Brad's looking for me.

" Babe what's going on" Matt was trying to keep Shay talking to him, but she kept screaming.

" Where is Kaitlynn? Taylor came over freaking out that she left, and it's my dad's fault. He's losing his mind" She screamed causing Matt to stare right at me.

" You didn't tell him" He growled and I just looked at my bump since I couldn't see my feet.

" Shay give Taylor the damn phone" He yelled getting out of the car leaving me there. I felt like slapping myself. I didn't think he would make a scene.

I honestly thought he'd drown his sorrows, and get over it or at least call me. I started looking for my phone realizing it was off. I turned it on, and there was the missed calls and messages.

"Fuck" I groaned holding my bump. "They are going to kill us" I mumbled waiting for Matt to get in the car. I saw him start walking back, and when he started driving he didn't say a thing.

"Matt" I whispered knowing he was mad.

"One fucking thing Kaitlynn. I asked you for 1 thing. To tell Taylor that you were getting rid of this goddamn baby, and what do you do? You leave him a fucking letter to wake up to. Did you expect him to just be like " Oh yep she ran off I don't care though it wasn't my kid." I went to answer him, but he cut me off.

" That's stupid and irresponsible. You just proved you aren't ready to be a Mom because you literally left the man that is in love with you and took the baby that he loves and left. You just fucking left Kaitlynn. What the hell is wrong with you?"

I didn't say anything, but he kept tearing into me. When we got to the apartment all I wanted to do was go to my room and nap. I opened the car door storming out slamming it closed. He was still hot on my heels yelling at me. I was rushing up the stairs, but my foot must have missed the step because I slipped reaching to stop my stomach from hitting the stairs.

I could feel Matt grabbing me softly asking if I was okay. I reached for my forehead my hand covered in blood. I must have smacked my head on the cement stair.

"M-Matt" He held my hand telling me I was okay as he grabbed his phone. "I'm getting an ambulance Kaitlynn"

I wrapped my hands around my bump as my head got dizzy. The stairs were spinning, and I felt my eyes closing.

I wish Taylor was here.