Look at me.chap.7

I was starting to get a little worried, Rachel, Brandon and my mom wouldn't talk, wouldn't move. To make up for what a bad kid I had been towards my mom, I tried helping round the house. I did any cleaning that needed doing, got drinks and snacks for them three and just anything else I could do to help.

Okay, so guilt was eating away at my insides.

But what else could I do to try and shut it up? I was trying my hardest to just be helpful and nice, but in the end I just gave up. Nobody was moving, nobody was noticing my.

In the end I just went up to my room. I needed someone to talk to, but who? Mom, Rachel and Brandon were all zombies downstairs, and I had no real friends, yet. I thought about calling Kurt, but after running away from him like that, he was going to want answers. Answers that I didn't want him to know.

I decided to call my dad in the end. I hadn't seen him in a while, since he doesn't live with us. Him and my mom divorced three years ago, and since then I have only seen him about five times. I picked up my phone and dialed his number, I just needed someone to listen to me, to give me advice. Then my phone made a crackling noise.

"Hello?" Said the familiar voice of my dad.

"Oh dad!" I sighed, into the phone.

"What is it honey? Is everything ok?" He asked, sounding a little nervous.

"No dad, everythings not okay. So many things have happened." I whispered into the phone

I told him about Auntie Rose and Uncle Tom. I told him about Rachel and Brandon staying over. I told him what they were all like downstairs. I even told him about my makeover, spending all my money, the party and even about Kurt.

My dad had sighed when he heard all of this.

"To be honest darling, I have no idea what to tell you regarding the whole Auntie Rose and Uncle Tom thing. Losing someone close to you is a horrible thing, so your mom and Rachel and Brandon just need time to ajust. As for you, well I think you should tell your mom the truth, tell her how you feel and why you wanted to change."

That was what he told me.

I agreed with the first part, but telling my mom about the new me? That was pure crazy.

"Thanks dad." I said.

"Any time angel. I miss you, you know." My dad whispered. After all the bad things that had happened today, that was the only thing that had made me cry. Once I got off the phone with my dad, I lay in my bed crying. My dad missed me, my mom's sister had died and all I have been caring about is how to make myself popular.

How selfish can one person get?

I was still lying there when Rachel opened the door and silently walked in.

"Hey, whats wrong?" She managed to say. That just made me feel even worse, Rachel's mom and dad were gone and she was still worried about me.

"It's just, well everything." I sobbed. "Auntie Rose and Uncle Tom, my dad and all I cared about is being popular"

Rachel came and sat on the end off my bed.

"None of this is your fault, and being popular is what you want, so why shouldn't you get that. You do so much for everyone, I saw you cleaning and ironing, you brought us all food, your nice to your mom, you do well at school. So doing one thing for yourself is fine." She said, smiling at me.

And she was right.The next day I didn't go to school.

Neither did Rachel or Brandon, and my mom didn't go to work. They were all to depressed and shocked to go. Okay, so I was a little depressed, my Auntie and Uncle were gone, but that wasn't the only reason.

I didn't want to face Amy, Amber, Hannah and Emily. What if they found out that I was the one dating Kurt, would they try and make me brake up with him? Or had they all ready told him about what a loser I really was?

After yesterdays events in the park, I decided to text Kurt. I needed to know what they had told him.

**********************************************************************

Hey srry for runin away lyk tht yestrdaii, r we stil okay??

Luv Nikki. xx

**********************************************************************

I sent it just like that, I didn't want to get straight to the part about the real me. I wanted to see what he had to say first.

That is if he would talk to me. It must have been about an hour since I sent that text, and still no reply. I had always thought that the girls you see in movies, who are like crying over not getting a text from the person they loved, were stupid and overdramatic. But now I knew how it felt to be them. And it was awful.

Had he all ready found out, about the real me?

Did he want to break up?

All these thought were running around in my head, as I lay in my bed. It was 10:30 but I was still in my pyjamas, I just couldn't bring myself to get up.

I just kept waiting and waiting.

Finally I felt my phone vibrate under my pillow.................................DUHN DUHN DOOOOO! lool :D