look at me now.11

So i wanted to thank all my fans and ..well here goes..!

As usual, everybodies voices dropped as I walked in. But this time it was different.

"Who's she?" I heard people whisper.

"Why is she walking with Justin?" Was another question they asked.

"Wait, isn't that, ummm what's she called? The loser?"

Everyone watched us, trying to figure out what was going on. Then disaster struck.

"Justin, baby, hey." I heard Amber say. Justin stopped and turned around.

Okay, so I didn't expect him to tell her to leave me alone.

But I didn't expect to see him start making out with her.

So, Amber didn't notice me (she was too busy with Justin), but Amy, Hannah and Emily did.

The three of them turned to look at me. Each with smiles on their faces.

But not kind smiles.

Hannah and Amy looked like they wanted to burst out laughing.

"Just looked at you!" Amy giggled, looking me up and down.

I didn't understand what was so funny. I looked kind of like them.

"Do you really think that doing you hair for once, will make us love you." Hannah laughed.

What, this wasn't meant to happen! They were meant to accept me, they were meant to be my friends.

"No, I just wanted a change." I smiled, I tried to act friendly, but inside I was full of rage.

"What change from being a loser?" Giggled Amy. Hannah turned and laughed with her.

But I noticed that Emily was really quiet through all of this. She stood with them, but didn't make any mean comments. She was just biting her bottom lip.

Once Amber and Justin were done, she joined the others, who were standing in a line still looking at me.

"Well, well." Amber said, smirking. The four of them just stared at me for a while, and I could see smiles twitching at three of their mouths. All of them except Emily, she actually looked pretty upset. I didn't know why though, she was usually mean enough.

"Oh My Gawd!" Hannah shreiked, breaking the silence. Her eyes were wide, as if she had just seen a ghost.

"What now?" Amber asked. She was so mean, even to her friends.

I didn't know how they could stick being around her.

Then I remembered. She's Amber, pretty, dates all the good looking guys, gets invites to the hottest parties and is totally rich.

Thats why everyone loved her.

"Well, you remember when we were in the park?" Hannah said, her eyes still wide.

"Well ya, it was like two days ago!" Laughed Amy.

"And we saw Kurt..." Hannah carried on, as if Amy didn't even say anything.

"Oh My Gawd!" Amy and Amber said, at the same time.

honestly thought she was going to throw a massive tantrum right there, in the playground.

But she didn't. Shes too cool for that.

"Don't look at me like that babe, just leave Nik, yeah?" Justin said, his voice calm, as he looked at Amber.

"Nik??" Amber shreiked, "You have a little pet name for her now?" She stamped her foot on the ground.

Justin put his arms on her shoulders.

"Calm down, babe." He said to her.

"No Justin. I can't be seen with people who are friends with losers! So you have to choose, us or....her." She said the last word with a tone of disgust in her voice.

I just stood there.

Justin looked at me, and I felt like exploding with happiness. I thought he was going to pick me over Amber, I mean he was looking at me! Not her, me! .............

But he took Amber's hand, and the two of them walked away.

Hannah and Amy followed close behind them, both giggling, probably at me.

Emily stood there for a while, her eyes looked apologetic.

"Just go." I said to her. I knew she wanted to, but she actually had feelings.

"Nicole, I'm sorry." She whispered, but then she turned to catch up with the rest of them.

And then there was me. Alone, what a change?

I looked around, a few people were still looking over, but not all of them. At-least I wasn't freak girl anymore.

But was wannabe much better? I still couldn't believe that Justin had just left me like that. I mean, so much for watching out for me.

It wasn't that bad though, because for the first time (in like ever) people were talking to me. I wasn't constantly alone, I had people telling me that I looked good, and people asking what was happening earlier. (You know, the whole Jusin- Amber-Me thing.)

For once I wasn't sat alone at lunch. A few people sat with me under the old tree. They were all people I used to be friends with, but our friendships had crumbled away before.

I was actually having quite a good time! I was so glad that I had come to school today.

Yeah, that was until I saw Justin at the gates. My plan was to just walk past him ad ignore him. But he was so gorgeous that before I could stop myself, I was smiling.

I was quit far away from him, and he hadn't seen me yet. But my smile quickly faded, as I saw Amber walk over to him. She gave him a kiss, then walked off with the other girls, but Jusin was still waiting.

I wonder what excuse he had used, I mean Justin always walked with Amber. He probably said that he was waiting for one of his football playing friends, or something like that. Because obviously he wouldn't tell her he was waiting for me.

That is, of he even was waiting for me.

I walked to the gates with a girl called Katie, but as soon as she saw Justin, it was more like walking with someone who just got struck by lightening. That's the kind of affect that Justin had on most girls; he made their insides melt.

Which was why when Justin turned to me an said my name, Katie nearly fainted.

"Can we talk?" Justin asked

I walked past him with my head held high, just like I had told myself.

"Nikki!" He called, but he was too late, he hadn't picked me earlier, so I wasn't going to talk to him.

I know it sounds childish, but still...

Katie had to almost run too keep up with me, and when she finally got in front she looked at me as if I was waving a gun around or something.

Except I wasn't. I was just walking.

"What are you doing?" She whisper yelled.

"What do you mean?" I whispered back, but obviously I knew.

"Ummm, JUSTIN wants to talk...." But she stopped her sentence half way through, because he had ran to catch up with me.

I carried on looking at Katie, not turning around to see him. But looking at Katie was pretty annoying, I mean, the girl literally had stars in her eyes.

So I turned around. Big mistake.

As soon as I saw him, my heart melted a little. He was too good looking to be in a mood with.