Look at me now! chap.3 Pic of jjustin :]

The rest of the day dragged. I sat in lessons, listening to other kids whispering about me. But I couldn't do anything about it. I was on my own. A loner. It had been this way since the begining of high school, when all the girls realised that they had to pick their friends based on popularity. So I had been left alone. That was three years ago. It had just got worse and worse and the years went on.

I walked home, with my ugly brown satchel bobbing against my legs. As I got home, I saw a car pulled up on my drive way. It wasn't my mom or dad's car though. It was my aunt's. Great. That meant my cousins, Rachel and Brandon were here. I didn't mind them. But they weren't exactly my number one fans. Even they know that I'm a loser. Rachel doesn't go to my school, but shes the same age as me and knows not to be seen with losers. From what I had heard, Rachel was pretty popular at her school.

As I walked in, I was expecting to see Rachel looking bored, checking her texts or something like that. But I was so shocked when I saw her in tears on the sofa with my mom.

"Hi darling." My mom said, in a thick voice, she had been crying aswell.

"Whats wrong? Wheres Auntie Rose and Uncle Tom?" I asked, as I closed the door. My question just made Rachel's tears worse. Even Brandon was crying, and he was 16, so something really bad must have happened.

"Ummm, Uncle Tom and Auntie Rose were in a car accident." My mom said, as a tear rolled down her plump cheek. My hand rushed to my mouth.

"Are...are they okay?" I stammered. But I could tell that this was a pointless question, I knew they weren't.

"Auntie Rose is in a critical state in hospital." She started, as all of their tears fell faster.

"And my dads dead." Whispered Brandon. Rachel's tears got worse. I ran over to hug her.

Usually she would push me away, but she didn't. She hugged me back, tightly. I didn't know what to say to comfort her, so I let the silence do the talking.

"So Rachel and Brandon are staying over for a while, until things are sorted." My mom told me.

I took Rachel up to my room, we were going to be sharing for a while. I felt slightly embarrassed as I grabbed the door handle. Last time I saw Rachel's room it was amazing, but mine was a little, well, babyish. I opened the door to reveal my lilac walls, baby blue flowery curtains and a matching bedspred. My pyjamas were folded up on the end of my bed, and my teddy was on my pillow. I cringed as she looked around. I saw a slight smile on her face, and I was happy for her. Even though she was thinking about how stupid I am, at least she was happy.

My mom had set up a matress on my floor, complete with an equally embarrassing pink bedspred. Rachel didn't seem to care though, and just crashed down on it.

She just stared into space, as I stood awkardly in the middle of the room. Uncle Tom's death was a pretty drastic thing and I didn't know what to say to comfort her. In the end I decided to go sit with her, to show that I did feel for her loss. I reached into my satchel (which I had forgotten to take off due to shock) and found her my mini pack of tissues.

"Do I look that much of a mess?" She tried to joke, but it didn't really work because her voice sort of broke.

"Well, even with your tears you look better than me." I smiled, Rachel really was pretty.

"Yeah, whats up with the hair and stuff anyway?" She asked, smiling a little.

"Well, you know my mom." I said, rolling my eyes.

"She still doesn't let you wear make-up or use straightners?!" Rachel asked, with her eyes wide open.

"Nope." I laughed.