Chapter 7: James's Confession

Start from the beginning

"Its okay, hyung." He spoke softly. "Just spit it out."

I took a deep breath, nodded, then looked at everyone.

"This whole time, we have all thought that there has been no leader." I started.

"Yes, no official leader, anyway." Changwoo said.

"However, that isn't true." I continued. "I have actually been told that I am the leader."

"Well that isn't shocking." D.NK spoke quietly, wanting to speak his mind but not be mean.

"It was only a matter of time you would get the position." Chase said. "When were you told?"

"The day we moved into the dorm." I replied.

"We aren't hurt that you didn't tell us, but-" Pop spoke.

"Speak for yourself." Kaoru said, pretending to feel offended.

"Sorry, Kaoru." I apologized.

"Um can I finish my sentence?" Pop asked, annoyed.

"Yes, of course." I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell us?" She asked. "Why are you only telling us now?"

"I wasn't sure how I felt about the idea." I spoke truthfully. "I wanted to get used to it first, I guess. Plus, I was afraid of having such a huge responsibility. I thought not telling you would make me not feel that way, but I was wrong."

"How do you feel about it now?" Chewy asked, curious even though she was new.

"Well, I found myself doing things that a leader should do." I started. "And as you all call me, 'unofficial leader', I felt comfortable with it somehow."

"You saw that they trusted you." Jane spoke.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"They saw you as a leader even though, to them, there was no official leader." Jane started to explain. "They looked up to you as their leader, and trusted you. You saw this and that's why you became comfortable. You may be afraid, but because of their trust, that's what will make you strong."

I thought for a moment.

"I think you are right." I spoke.

She smiled heartwarmingly. Suddenly I felt someone hug me.

"You don't need to be afraid, oppa." JC said, hugging me from the side. "You will be a great leader. You are already doing a great job."

I snickered. "Thanks, JC." I hugged her back.

"Don't be afraid to ask for help, either." Kaoru said. "We'll always be there for you, and each other."

"That goes the same for us newbies too." Chewy snickered. "Right, Barae?" She elbowed her brother, who replied with a nod.

"Thank you all." I smiled, touched. "I'm happy to be leading such a great group of people."

"And we're happy to have such a great leader." Chase smiled.

"Aish." I started filling with emotions. "Let's just hug before we all start crying."

Everyone agreed and gathered in for a group hug.

"RC fighting!" I screamed.

"RC FIGHTING!" Everyone cheered.

We laughed things off before ending the serious talk.

"While we're all together, why don't we start a broadcast?" Kaoru suggested.

"Sure, why not." I agreed.

And so we did one. It was sloppy but successful.

***

-5:30PM-

~Chewy's POV~

The meeting ended and we were all heading back to our own dorms to eat dinner and have a relaxing night. I saw Gyutae leave when I realized I had something to say to him. I ran out the door to catch him.

"Gyutae oppa!" I shouted as I exited.

He stopped and turned around.

"Yes, Chewy?" He asked me.

"I haven't had the chance to say something since that first day, but I wanted to thank you for helping with the introductions when we met the others." I said.

"Oh, um, I didn't really feel like I did anything." He said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Well you did." I disagreed. "You were the only one of us that wasn't shy. You spoke on our behalf and was able to help us feel at least a little comfortable, and I wanted to thank you for that. So thank you."

"Um, well, then, no problem I guess." He replied, then looked around. "Um, since we're together anyway, did you want to walk back to the company together?"

"Oh, no, that's okay." I said. "My brother and I are going to go get something to eat."

"Oh, sorry then."

"You don't need to be sorry. Though, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if you came along. Would you like to?"

"No, that's okay. But thank you."

That's when Barae came out.

"There you are." He spoke. "Are you ready?"

"Yes." I nodded then looked back at Gyutae. "Are you sure?" I asked him, referring to the dinner offer.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Okay, well, thanks for the offer to walk me home." I said. "Maybe some other time."

"Mhmm." He mumbled.

"See you later, oppa." I smiled.

"See ya." He smiled back.

We went opposite directions. I joined my brother and we started walking to a nearby restaurant.

"He offered to walk you home?" Barae asked.

"Yes." I nodded.

"That's weird."

"No it's not. Its nice."

"It sounds like something a guy who likes a girl would do."

"Oh what would you know."

"Hey!"

"Love you~"

"Mhmm." He ended it with sass.

I changed the subject and we continued to walk and talk until we arrived at the restaurant where we talked and ate for an hour before heading back to the dorm.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! So James finally told them he's the leader! That makes me relieved that I made it happen or else I would have forgotten XD. Sorry if this was short but I tried to add as much as I could and still get it posted today. Also I just want to point out that I may end up shipping James and Hikaru by accident oops. I think I will have next chapter be a love interest one but I'm not sure. Feel free to leave ideas down in the comments. No question. See you guys soon. Biez!