Karma's a Bitch

Quinn

I feel someone shake my body awake, I open my eyes and I come face to face with Ashton. Startled, I sit up, "Sorry I must have fallen asleep. How long was I out?"

"About three hours."

"What? Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask, shocked.

"I also fell asleep and when I woke up I found you sprawled across the couch," I blush, I was probably snoring really loud.

"Sorry about that," I look down and start twiddling with my fingers. An awkward silence fills the room, until a buzzing noise sounds.

He gets up to buzz the person in, "I don't know who would be here at this hour." He mumbles. A few minutes later a knock sounds at the door, Ashton opens the door and Wyatt stands in the doorway. She bursts through the door past Ashton and goes towards me.

She smirks, "What are you doing here this early Quinn?" I feel my cheeks heat.

I'm about to explain when Ashton speaks up, "Does everyone just think it's okay to come to my apartment whenever now? Because I haven't known you two for more than a week."

I ignore him and turn to Wyatt, "What are you doing here?"

"James and I found someone that you have to meet. He has important information that you need to know."

"Can't you just tell me?"

"No, it has to come from him. Meet us tomorrow at the music store."

                               ~•~

My feet crunch on broken glass, I blink my eyes to clear my vision and take in my surroundings. Brick surrounds me, and the stench of garbage assaults my nose. I cautiously exit the alley, trying not to step on anything else.

Bright yellow cars whoosh past me, and I step back startled. People push past me, and I quickly get out of the way. I look around and see the music store just across the street. I find what looks like the crosswalk, and I follow the herd of people who suddenly start walking.

When I get to the music store, I peek in the window and it looks like no one is here yet. I sit down in between two white lines and wait for Wyatt to come. After twenty minutes a nice car pulls up into the store and parks. Out comes James and Wyatt.

James approaches me with an amused expression on his face, "Quinn, what are you doing in the middle of the parking lot?"

"What's a parking lot?" I ask confused.

"It's where cars stop after they get where they want to go, so unless you want to become a pancake, it's not very safe to be sitting in the middle of it," Wyatt replies. James offers me a hand to get up and I gladly take it.

I dust off my pants, "So...where is this person you wanted me to meet?"

"They should be here soon." I nod and go and take a closer look at James' car. It's so nice, I could only dream of having one myself.

"James, I didn't know you were wealthy enough to have a car."

"What? You mean this piece of shit? It has broken down so many times, and it is hardly in good condition. I swear the guy before me must have been a murderer because there's what looks like a blood stain on the ceiling and it won't come out," he rants on about his car.