Journal Entry

October 23, 1993

There's a social gathering this afternoon at the palace and Marie hasn't shown me the dress yet. When the letter first arrived with the royal seal stamped on it, a small part of me was hoping it was from the prince. He had said he wanted to see me again, but was it just a formality? Or is this party his way of doing just that?

Marie had been extremely excited, rushing off saying this time is almost more important than the last, and that I had to look just as beautiful if not more so.

Honestly, I'd just be lucky if I could make it out the door without my stomach turning inside out.

                                                               --KK
~•~

"Morra! I did it, I found the one!" Marie came into the room almost sprinting and out of breath. "It needs a few alterations, but it should take no time at all."

She laid the dress on the bed and Keimorra wanted to laugh at the girl. The party was on such short notice that Marie was unable to make the dress herself and sent out right away to find the perfect match to the image in her head.

"You do realize that I could have used any of the numerous day dresses that I already have?" Keimorra turned in her chair, away from her journal and towards her friend.

"No, you couldn't have." She looked almost offended. "Because this isn't some every day social gathering. This is a royal social gathering and that calls for royal attire. And there's hot men." She glanced over she shoulder at Kiemorra,"Well? What are you waiting for, come look."

Kiemorra stood from her seat and walked towards the bed, each step twisting her stomach. Why was she so nervous?

Marie pulled the dress out and fanned it over the bed, it was simple and delicate, the top a rosewood pink with lace bell sleeves and the skirts a dark teal. Tucked inside the bag was a matching cartwheel hat and...

"A corset?" Kiemorra moaned, turning to her friend.

"I'm sorry, they don't make them like I do and this was the best I could find."

She rolled her eyes, then looked down at the dress again, her fingers playing idly with the silks, it was really pretty.

"All right. Let's just hurry, I'd rather not be late."

Marie gave her a satisfied smirk, "Your breasts are gonna look great."

                               ~•~

While Marie might have been right about her breasts, the corset was unbearable. The tight cage around her stomach and chest made it hard to enjoy the gardens around her, the endless colors and designs were planted to look like they had wildly sprouted up, but if she looked closely Kiemorra could see the well thought out patterns. It was truly magical and much more beautiful than the town gardens.

Where the town gardens were built to hold man made arches, benches, walkways, and fountains, this place was something straight out of a forest. Trees with long, hanging branches and vines growing up the trunk, streams small enough to step over, running towards a large open pond, and even small animals grazing lazily on the grass.

The party was held in a large meadow with tables of food set up along the perimeter, and even a game of croquet in one corner. Kiemorra took notice of the people, not as many as there was at the ball, but close. Most everyone stood in small circles, mingling, even though there were tables out for just sitting.