1 YEAR

HI! Before reading this chapter I'd like to apologize for updating after all this time. These past months were full of work and I haven't got time to write. I really hope you like this chapter!!

************************************************

Kara and Mon-El woke up in their own apartment. As they had been working late the night before, they had already agreed to do so.

Kara woke up with a big smile on her face. She took a quick shower and got dressed to go to work. Before going to Catco, however, she decided she couldn't wait until that night to see Mon-El, so she flew to his apartment. She knocked on the door and waited (im)patiently until he opened it.

"Kara! I didn't expect this!" Mon-El was really surprised. He walked away from the door to let Kara in and they kissed.

"Happy anniversary." Said the Kryptonian with a big smile on her face.

"Happy anniversary, Kara." They kissed again, smiling. Well, since you came to see me, which I'm not complaining about, you've ruined the first surprise of the day.

"Wait, there's more than one?" Kara asked, as if she was a five-year-old girl.

"Well, it's likely." Answered Mon-El. "The thing is that since we both have to go to work and we won't see each other until tonight, I was going to send you a good breakfast, but I think we're going to have to eat it here." They stood in the kitchen, where there was a tray full of food, coffee and juice.

"This was all for me?"

"Don't look surprised, like you're not going to eat all this." Mon-El joked. Kara laughed.

"Well, but since I've truncated your plans, the least I can do is share some of my breakfast with you." They sat down on the sofa and left the tray on the table and began to eat while they were laughing and kissing.

"Since you did the breakfast, I'll do the dinner. Well, I'm not going to cook it, I'll find a place to go to dinner, you know, to avoid a little fire today."

"Hmm, I like the plan. Not the one from the fire, the one from the dinner." The daxamite joked.

"Dress up nicely, then."

"I don't need to dress up nicely, I always do."

"I know you do, but you understood me, silly." Kara laughed and kissed him again.

They stayed on the couch a little longer until they had to go to work.

Kara was at CatCo for a few hours working on her new article, but she couldn't concentrate because she couldn't stop thinking about Mon-El. What else would he have prepared? She had everything ready for weeks and was eager to see how Mon-El would react.

Her phone started ringing, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Hey Kara!" It was Lena.

"Lena! Is something wrong?"

"Nothing bad. I'm next to CatCo and I was just calling if you wanted to grab a drink, if you have time."

"The day is quiet around here, so of course. I'll be down in five minutes."

"Perfect. See you." And they hung up.

Kara sent the article she had just written to Snapper and took her purse to leave. When she arrived in the CatCo lobby, Lena was already waiting for her. They greeted each other and went to the cafeteria across the street, ordered two coffees and sat at one of the tables.

"Since I've seen you, you haven't stopped smiling, Kara." Kara blushed and realized that Lena was right.

"I started dating Mon-El a year ago today and nothing, I was just thinking about it."