17

That night, I got a text from Ben

Hey

Ben it's 4 in the morning. What's up?

I wanna talk to you about something

??

Does Harry make you happy? It seems like he's stressing you out a lot.

Yes. He does. It's just...idk if I trust Uma. I trust him, but like...not Uma.

This is the hard part...

What??

I think I like you, Grace. And that's why Audrey broke up with me.

Ben...

I know, G. I'm sorry ☹️

No, it's not that. I think I like you too and I think that's why Harry is coming tomorrow.

Harry is coming tomorrow?!

Oh no...you didn't hear that.

I'm so stupid!🤦

He's coming for visiting day.

He can't, Grace. No villians allowed.

He'll stay in my dorm the whole day, I swear. Please Ben 😭

Fine. We'll sneak him in the early morning.

I love you. Thank you so much.

What are we gonna do about
these feelings?

I'm not selfish. I know you love Harry. Let's just wait and see what happens, okay?

Okay.

Goodnight, Grace. 💘

Goodnight, Ben. ❤️

"HARRY!"
He scooped me in a tight hug. "My princess." He whispered softly. "I missed you so much."
For a moment, I thought I saw a tear in the smudged darkness around his eyes. Then he swiped a hand over his face and kissed me.
"Okay guys, I don't want to break up your reunion, but we really need to get him to your dorm before anyone wakes up." Ben said with a tap on my shoulder.
Harry took my hand and gave Ben a side eye as we walked up the stairs.
I slapped his arm. "He's the reason you're even allowed to be here. Play nice."
"I'll play nice when he stops being a little too nice."
"Shut up."
"God, Gracie, I've been here 3 minutes and we're already arguing."
"Harry, it's only because you're acting jealous. Knock it off and there would be no problem."
"Everything okay back there?" Ben asked before Harry could get another word in.
"Just fine, Ben." I smiled as I opened my door.
I gave him a quick hug. "Thanks again."
"Always, G!" Ben grinned and went back to his suite.
Mal and Evie must've already been to Carlos and Jay's room.
"What the hell was that? That hug?" Harry pointed to the door.
"Quiet down, people are still sleeping. And it's a hug. A small one." I glared. "Don't even get me started on being friendly with the opposite gender because I've had to put up with Uma liking you for years! Years, Harry! With no complaint!"
"Uma liked me for that long?" He smiled.
My eyes widened. "Oh my God. That's what you came here for? You're with Uma now, aren't you?!"
"Grace, calm down. She admitted to having feelings for me. She kissed me. I didn't kiss her back."
"Oh my god."
I had to sit down. I was gonna be sick.
"She knows we're still together, right?"
"Uhm... She has the impression we broke up when you moved here."
Now I stood up. There was a large crack as my palm hit his face.
"I can't believe you!"
He tried to hug me.
"Grace, Grace! Calm down!"
I was fuming.
He put his hands on my face. "Look at me. I love you."
I shut my eyes, and when I opened them, tears we'e pouring out.
"Do you still want to be with me, Harry?" I choked.
"I'll always want to be with you, Grace. But right now it's so hard."
"You told me we could get through this. You told me you loved me. You said no matter what we were never breaking up again. You said you were mine forever."
"2 out of 3 of those are true. I just wanted to see before you never wanted to see me again."
My heart started to race.
"We just can't be with each other right now."
"Shut up for a second, Harry. You said we would make it work. Just admit it. You're leaving me for Uma."
"I'm not leaving you for Uma, Grace! Grace! Listen to me!"
I shook my head.
"Gracie?" He whispered.
"Give Uma my worst regards."
"I'll do that."
"Why couldn't you just text me? Why did you have to see me like this?"
He pulled me in for a hug and my tear soaked eyes matched the level of his chest.
"I missed you Gracie. No matter what, you know I love you."
"You just love Uma more."
He shook his head. "Stop. You're beautiful. You're smart. You're sweet. You're the whole package. You just deserve a prince, not a pirate. I know you hate your pastel purple hair, but Mal told you to dye it. I know you hate the ripped and leather clothes, but Evie thinks they look cute. I know you hate cussing at old ladies, but we all thought it was fun. You were meant for this place. You were meant for Ben."
"No, Harry. You're the love of my life. I was willing to do all those things for you. That's what love is. I was meant for you, you pirate."
"Grace, I think I should leave. I'm not the same person I was with you. I'm a brutal asshole. I'm someone Uma should be with."
That part hurt the worst.
"Just leave. Please."
"I love you, Gracie."
I waved.