uwu machine

taehyung, aged 17 :: yoongi, aged 16
third person perspective

the couple walked, hand in hand, into the arcade along side with their two friends who were already planning on which games to play. yoongi lightly squeezed the older's hand as he was slightly nervous. he had never been to an arcade before and the loud barks of laughter and 'zapping' and tapping noises of buttons were also overwhelming him as well as the bright flashy colours. taehyung stroked his thumb on the younger's hand in reassurance, giving it a gentle squeeze.

they followed the two hyperactive boys who were now racing towards the counter to get their tokens in order to play.

"kooks, i bet you i can get the bigger prize at the end!" jimin proposed as he slapped down his money so the man at the counter could convert it into tokens.

"nuh uh! i bet YOU i can get the bigger prize!" jungkook argued, slamming down his money a little harder than jimin.

"okay then, may the best man win!" jimin cheered as he collected his tokens in a small bag and rushed off to find his first game. jungkook quickly followed behind, his tokens jiggling in the bag as he ran.

taehyung chuckled at the duo's behaviour before stepping up to the counter to give his money. he said a polite, "thank you" as he took the tokens and guided yoongi to the little map on the wall which showed the locations of all the games available.

"what do you wanna play baby?" taehyung asked the younger boy who was scanning through the map.

"u- uh i don't know, it's up to y- you," he replied with a small smile.

"how about we alternate choosing the games? we have about 60 tokens so we can choose 15 games each. okay?"

yoong nodded in response, "you c- choose first then."

"alright, let's go play some pacman!" taehyung decided before walking off to the pacman machine, holding yoongi's hand whilst he held the bag of tokens in the other.

a couple of games later, the pair had decided to just walk around and just play whatever they found interesting. yoongi came to a halt as he saw a claw machine, containing large kumamon plushies. he quickly ran towards it, pressing his face and hands against the glass as he looked at the soft plushies in awe.

"c- can we play this o- one?" he asked, looking to his boyfriend.

"are you sure? it's 3 tokens per game though and we only have 20 left," taehyung replied.

"oh... uh okay then, nevermind," yoongi pouted, stepping away from the machine.

taehyung's heartstrings pulled violently as he saw the disappointment in his baby's eyes. he imagined yoongi's little puppy ears drooping and his fluffy tail no longer wagging in eagerness.

"you know what, i'm gonna win you one and if we run out, i'll just buy more tokens until we get you one, okay baby?" taehyung announced, walking up to the machine to put in the set amount of tokens

yoongi's eyes sparkled as he watched the machine come to life. "y- you don't need to waste o- our tokens or your money h- hyungie!"

"don't worry baby, it's fine. my mum gave me an extra allowance this week," taehyung smiled at the boy before returning his attention to the machine.

taehyung's tongue poked out as he focused on picking up the plush. he pressed the big red button as soon as he found a good enough position and watched the claw aim for the head of the kumamon toy.

taehyung cheered as the plush was lifted, clapping his hands in excitement as he made its' way towards the hole.

all of a sudden, it slipped out the claw's grasp, falling a few centimetres away from the hole, causing taehyung to groan in frustration.

"let me try again, i'll definitely get it this time," taehyung said as he pushed in more tokens.

after 4 more attempts, yoongi placed his hand over the token slot, preventing taehyung from putting in their last 3 tokens into the machine. "it's okay hyungie, y- you can stop n- now," yoongi said, smiling at the older boy's efforts.

"no, i want to win this for you yoongi. just one more please," taehyung whined.

"it's fine taetae, you don't need to w- win me anything,"

"i want to though," taehyung pouted.

yoongi let out a small sigh as he knew he wouldn't be able to argue against taehyung so he removed his hand, watching the said boy excitedly push in their last few tokens.

he watched taehyung's face turn serious and focused as the game started. taehyung pressed the arrow keys before pressing the red button to drop the claw. they both watched in anticipation as it grabbed onto the kumamon's body, lifting it up. all of a sudden, it dropped right next to the hole, a quarter of its' body hanging off the edge.

taehyung shouted out in frustration before slamming his first onto the buttons. the vibrations and impact of his hand had caused the plush to fall into the hole, tumbling down.

yoongi crouched down to pick it up and he immediately bounced on his feet as he squealed out in happiness, hugging the large plush. he got onto his tip toes and pecked taehyung's lips before letting out a chorus of constant 'thank you's and 'it's so cute, i love it'.

taehyung smiled in adoration as he watched his baby cuddle the plush, cooing internally at how soft his boyfriend really is.

"aye taehyung, i think your uwu machine just broke," jimin laughed out as him and jungkook stood next to them with token bags now filled with loads of tickets each.

"i can't believe you just said 'uwu'" jungkook cringed before laughing out loudly.

"h- hey guys, look at what hyungie won m- me!" yoongi giggled as he showed them his new kumamon plush before patting it on the head with a smile.

"oh fuck, i'm so soft for this-"

"my heart just melted-"

"you're so fucking cute, my baby boy," taehyung said, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy and peppering him with kisses.

yoongi's face turned pink as he was showered in affection by his boyfriend. "hyungie, stop it,  y- you're making me b- blush!" he whined out, struggling out of taehyung's grasp.

"imma go exchange these tickets before i exploded from all the cuteness," jungkook spoke out.

"yeah i'll join you," jimin mumbled in agreement.

"race you there!" jungkook yelled out as he dashed off to the counter, weaving his way through the machines. jimin let out a whine as he tried to catch up to the hyperactive bunny.