goo-goo eyes

chapter 1
taehyung, aged 7 :: yoongi, aged 6
third person perspective

the pitter patter of feet and loud chattering was evident throughout the classroom. it was currently break time for the young children, however, it was raining outside so they had to spend their time inside. some kids were very displeased about the situation but nonetheless, they still made do with the space they had. luckily, there was a small soft play area at the back of the classroom, where a bunch of toys were scattered around.

taehyung sat on top of the short book shelf that was leant against the wall, staring out through the window as he watched rain drops hit the glass. the young boy had managed to climb up, using one of the rocking horses from the soft play area.

"hey! y- you shouldn't be up there, you're going to get h- hurt!" a small voice called out to him from below, catching his attention.

taehyung looked down to the owner of the slightly high pitched voice which belonged to one of the younger kids in his class, min yoongi.

the 6 year old was dressed in small blue button up shorts with a lighter blue ruffle shirt. his shoeless feet were covered in white socks which were pulled up to his knees. taehyung couldn't help but interally coo at how cute yoongi looked in his attire, even though it was a little bit formal for the non-uniform school setting.

the older shook his head and looked back to the window, ignoring the small tugs on his trouser leg that yoongi was giving him.

"t- taehyung! come down now, y- you don't want to get in trouble, d- do you?"

"go away, yoongi. you're annoying me!" taehyung snapped, causing yoongi to stop tugging at his leg and pout.

"but h- hyung, i want you to play with me..."

"what?" taehyung once again looked at yoongi who was now giving the older boy puppy eyes. he hesitantly looked away, not wanting to be entranced by the smaller boy's cuteness.

"pssft, go play with jimin-hyung, you brat."

"noo! jiminie-hyung is boring and he's always making goo-goo eyes at jungkook in the other class!" yoongi whined as he pointed to jimin who was staring through the window by the door which gave a clear view of the classroom across the corridor. "please hyungie..."

taehyung made a small 'tch' sound and told the small boy to move before jumping down and grabbing yoongi's slightly chubby face and squishing it together. "yah you're lucky you're cute, now lets play."

"yay! thank you hyung, lets go play in the ball pit!" yoongi cheered, taking taehyung's hand and dragging him to the ball pit.

taehyung smiled to himself and nodded, following the younger.