surprise

taehyung, aged 17 :: yoongi, aged 16
third person perspective

taehyung climbed up the ladder, sticking the sparkly pink banner with the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" printed, onto the wall. he stretched out his hand, awaiting for a balloon to be handed to him so he could stick it up as well.

taehyung was currently preparing for yoongi's sixteenth surprise birthday party in the living room. he managed to get yoongi's mum to take yoongi out shopping whilst he stayed with their other friends to prepare the party.

"hurry up hyung!" taehyung huffed out, looking down at jimin who was blowing up a white balloon filled with glitter pieces.

jimin finished blowing up the balloon and tied it up securely before passing to his friend. taehyung snatched the balloon out his hand, muttering a "thank you" and stuck it onto the wall with some tape.

"hey! don't get rude. it takes long to blow up those silly balloons! i nearly got glitter stuck in my throat!" jimin complained.

"well why are you breathing in? you're supposed to be breathing out," taehyung retorted, rolling his eyes at his hyung.

he stepped off the ladder and looked at the banner before deciding it looks good enough for yoongi. taehyung scanned the room,

cake, check!
food, check!
decorations, check!
presents, check!
jimin hyung, check!
jungkook, check!
yoongi's cousin, seokjin hyung, check!
seokjin's boyfriend, namjoon hyung, check!
hoseok hyung, check... unfortunately.

"okay guys! yoongi is going to be here any time soon so lets get in to positions! namjoon hyung, please don't knock anything over!" taehyung said, clapping his hands together.

"pfft, why would i even—" namjoon cut himself off as he knocked over the ladder as he was moving into position.

jin faced palmed himself before rushing over to namjoon to check if he was okay. jimin let out a chuckle and picked up the ladder, putting it away into the storage cupboard.

everyone got into position, jungkook standing by the light switch whilst the others were hiding behind the furniture. taehyung hid behind the sofa, ready to pop out at the younger boy with a massive smile.

few minutes passed and the sound of yoongi's mum's car pulling up indicated that they had arrived. slight panic rushed over taehyung as he began to worry that this wasn't going to be as great as he thought it would be nor would it go as planned. taehyung felt a hand on his shoulder, causing him to squeak and turn to see jimin with a smile.

"don't worry taetae, this is more than enough for yoongi. he's going to love it," the older said with his signature eye smile, mochi-like cheeks on display. taehyung smiled back and nodded, whispering a small 'thank you'.

all of sudden, the front door unlocked, entering yoongi and his mother.

"thanks for the fun day out mu—"

"SURPRISE!"

everyone cheered out, lights switching on to reveal the pink and white decorations that were placed around the room as well as the smiling faces of yoongi's friends.

"w- what is this?" yoongi stuttered, absolutely shocked.

"taehyung planned this all for you! happy birthday hyung!" jungkook said, hugging his friend.

tears began to well up in yoongi's eyes as he hugged jungkook back. everyone shuffled over to the small boy, greeting him with a bright smile and a cheerful "happy birthday".

taehyung nervously walked up to yoongi, his face red as he said, "happy birthday yoonie, i hope this will be a birthday to remember for you."

yoongi leaped up, hugging taehyung tightly as he cried slightly into his arms. "t- taehyungie, this is so amazing. no one has e- ever done something like this for m- me and i'm so grateful. thank you so much!"

taehyung wrapped his arms around the younger boy's waist, burrowing his head into yoongi's hair and whispered, "you're welcome, yoongs."

"okay lovebirds, breaaak it up now! lets get this party started!!" namjoon laughed as music from his phone blasted out of his bluetooth speakers. he had created a playlist for the special boy, ranging from yoongi's favourite songs to his very own produced songs too.

the pair pulled away from each other, blushes evident on their faces. taehyung wiped yoongi's eyes, drying his tears.

"LETS PARTYYYYYY!" hoseok screamed out, breaking out into some dance moves, causing everyone to laugh and cheer.

the rest of the night was filled with cake eating, wrapping paper being thrown around everywhere and hilarious dances offs. it was truly a day to remember and yoongi was thankful to have such great friends.