Chapter 13: Sit Next To Me

Start from the beginning

Uraraka and Iida stared at [Y/n] in awe; at the sheer force she was devouring her plate of food. Lunchrush had served her at least double what they had and was consuming at an almost inhuman speed. [Y/n] glanced up from her eating frenzy, only to find her three friends staring at her. Their expressions were a mixture of fright and amazement. [Y/n] sheepishly swallowed her food and dabbed a napkin over her mouth.

"Sorry, I guess I got a little too ahead of myself..." She apologized, her cheeks tinting pink slightly at her embarrassing behaviour.

They all smiled. "You sure do eat a lot, [L/n]! But it's amazing!" Uraraka mused.

"Yeah! Well, [Y/n] relies on it for her quirk, so it makes sense why she has to eat more than us!" Izuku explained to Iida and Uraraka. He had always slightly fangirled over [Y/n]'s quirk.

"The school has me on a special diet for my quirk but it's so way more food that I'm used to. There's a lot of protein in it which makes me feel really full. But if I eat quickly then I can eat more before I start to feel full."

"That doesn't sound healthy." Uraraka sweat dropped. 

Iida, on the other hand, nodded and hummed while he thought, and then he turned to [Y/n]. [Y/n] straightened up her back as he addressed her, his formal behaviour rubbing off on her.

"Well then, eat on, [L/n]! I was going to comment on how unladylike it was to be shovelling food into your mouth like a starving animal, but under these circumstances, I'll let it slide."

The whole table sweatdropped at his words. [Y/n] knew he was coming from a good place, but his phrasing needed work. She smiled nonetheless and continued to eat, this time, at a normal pace.

[Y/n] looked around the large cafeteria as she ate her rice, admiring the size and cleanliness of it all. It still felt somewhat surreal that she had ended up here as a hero student. As she continued to gaze around she spotted Shinsou walking near her table with a tray of food. Her mood instantly perked up as he drew near. He was facing forward, nonchalantly looking for a place to sit (by himself no doubt), not noticing [Y/n]. She waved her hand out for him to see, which he spotted. His eyes followed the arm to the rest of [Y/n]'s body. Her face was bright with a smile and she waved him over. He sighed, although he obeyed and sat himself down beside her.

"Hey! How's it going, Shinsou?! Funny seeing you here!" She happily exclaimed.

Shinsou placed his tray on the table and slowly descended to his seat. His face narrowed in confusion at her words. He didn't think it was funny at all that they saw each other, more of an expected coincidence. But before he could say anything snarky in his monotone deep voice, [Y/n] cheerfully introduced him to Izuku, Iida, and Uraraka. He politely nodded before beginning to eat his meal. [Y/n] and he began conversing between mouthfuls of food about the classes they had before lunch. [Y/n] told him about a bird she saw on her way to school that reminded her of him, cause it was dark purple and had feathers sticking up everywhere. Shinsou called her a weirdo and lightly shoved her. He laughed on the inside while [Y/n] laughed outwardly.

The sudden sound of a chair loudly scrapping against the ground disrupted their conversation. Along with everyone else at their table. [Y/n]'s chair had abruptly been pulled backwards a couple of inches. She looked over her shoulder to see an angry Katsuki holding onto the back of her chair. Izuku and Uraraka looked terrified. Iida had begun sternly yelling about how rude he was acting. Shinsou and [Y/n] remained expressionless.

"Wow, that was only," [Y/n] glanced at her bare wrist, as if she were looking at a watch. "twenty minutes of ignoring before you came and said anything. I'm impressed Katsuki! Remember in middle school when you wouldn't even skip a beat to yell at me if I forgot to say hello in the-"