"Knives don't run out of ammo."

I wake-up and the first thing I see is the cracked paint of the blue wall. I roll over and Daryl isn’t in the bed. I sit up and put my boots on and stand up. I walk out of the cell and down the stairs.

“Well look who’s up.” Jess says putting her hand on her hip.

“Whatever.” I mumble.

I see Lorie and walk up to her.

“Hey Lorie. How are you feeling?” I ask and put my hand on her shoulder.

“Okay I guess.” She sighs.

“You look like your about to pop.” I chuckle and put hand to her stomach.

“Yeah I know.” She sighs again. She puts her hand over mine.

“What’s wrong Lorie.” I ask and put my hand back on her shoulder.

“I think I need Hershel.” She says weakly.

“Why?” I ask worriedly.

“I haven’t felt the baby move in a few days.” She says. She looks as though she’s about to cry.

“Okay just um go to your cell and I’ll get him.”  I say quickly and run out of the cell area into the common area.

When I see Hershel I walk over to him and tap his shoulder. He turns around.

“Yes?” he asks with a warm smile.

“Um Lorie needs you.” When I say this Rick looks up from what looks like riot gear.

“Okay, thank you Gemma.” He says

“Your welcome, She’s in her cell.” I say and he gives me a small smile and walks out of the room.

“What was that about?” Rick asks me.

“Don’t worry.” I say and he hesitantly shakes his head.

I look down at the gear that is dripping with what looks to be decomposed flesh.

“What’s this for?” I ask and pick up one of the boots. When I turn it upside down to see the size the yellow liquid pours out and I drop it.

“There for protection.” Rick says

“Why?” I say and everyone looks at me. “What I mean is, well we’ve gotten this far without it, what’s the point.”

“Just in case.” Rick reasons

“Okay.”

I look on the table and I don’t see anything that looks useful to me.

“I’m just going to go get my axe.” I say

“Okay Gemma, just don’t take to long.” Rick tells me and I nod.

I walk through the door. I pass Lorie’s cell. She looks upset but I decide against it. I run up the stairs to  our cell. I walk in and bend down in front of my back-pack. I open it and grab the axe and place it in my belt loop. I take my two knives and place them both in my boot. I walk out and down the stairs out to where everyone else is.

“Dad, but I want to go.” I hear Carl’s voice echoing in the cellblock and I walk up to him and Rick.

“It’s too dangerous.” Rick reasons

“C’mon tell him it’s fine Gemma.” Carl says to me and my eyes widen.

“I don’t think that’s a great idea Carl.” I say and he looks down with a frown. I look down too and see one of my knives. I pick it up and tap Carl on the shoulder and he looks in my eyes. “Keep the group safe.” I tell him and hand the knife to him.

“A knife? What am I supposed to do with this?” he scoffs, holding the knife by the blade.

I put my hand on my hip. “Knives don’t run out of ammo.”

“Oh okay.” He says and walks into the cell block.

“Thanks Gemma.” Rick sighs

“You’re welcome.” I say.

I walk over to Daryl and he wraps his arm around my waist. We walk to the front of the group and Daryl takes the key’s he got from Rick and takes one of them and turns it and the door swings open.

We all walk slowly in. I take my axe from my belt loop hold it firmly in my hand.

As we walk slowly down the hallway I listen to the rattling that Glen makes as he shakes the spray can, painting an arrow on the wall every time we make a turn.

On the ground are scattered bodies. Some decayed to the point that you can see the bone. We make it to the end of the hallway and we take a turn and still no walkers are in sight. We slowly walk down yet another hallway and I make my way to the back of the group to where Glen and Maggie are.

My palms begin to sweat from the suspense. I wipe my hands on my pants.

We turn yet another time. I then hear Rick yelling to go back. I turn and follow Glen and Maggie. We take another turn and I look behind and no one is behind me.

“Guys” I whisper and they stop running and turn around. “Everyone’s gone.”

“We need to keep moving.” Glen tells us.

As we quickly run we take a turn that leads us to another small crowd of walkers. We run in the opposite direction.

Before we make it to the end of this hallway Glen drops the spray can and before it hits the ground I catch it in my hand. I look to my right and see a door.

“Guys.” I yell “In here.” I point to the door.

Glen pries open the door with his knife. Something grabs my shoulder. I turn around and I am face to face to with a walker with a face that’s half gone. Without thinking I take the spray paint and spray it on his face. All this does is making it madder. I finally take my axe and drive it through its skull and it collapses. I jump in the room with Maggie and Glen.

I hold the door closed and wait for the shuffling to end. When all I hear is our breathing I crack the door open and there’s only one walker near the end of the hallway.

I then hear a scream that sounds like Hershel. We start running towards the source of the sound.

When we reach Hershel, he’s on the ground with a huge bite wound.

Is he going to die? What are we going to do if he dies and Lorie has the baby? Neither of them would survive.

I hear Maggie crying and I grab one of his arms and Rick grabs the other. We all Run and Daryl shoots a walker that almost took a bite out of me.

We make to a double door with handcuffs. T-Dog takes his fire poker and breaks the hand cuff chain and we carry Hershel in. We lay him on the ground. I put my axe next to me and then Rick grabs it.

“Wait! What are you doing?” I scream when Rick drives the axe into Hershel’s leg and it is completely severed. Daryl holds my hand. Probably in an effort to comfort me.

He then whispers “Stay down.”

I look up and see four men.

“Holy shit.” One of the men say.

I mumble the same thing to myself

 A/N hey guys so sorry it took so long ive been unbelivably busy. so i really need your hel should i make a second book for season 4 and beyond or just keep it all here. i really need you guys to comment and let me know. thanks for almost 700 cant wait till 1000.

love yas

the geek