"Why are you following me?"

I wake up and get ready throwing my hair into a ponytail. I had on slept for an hour because of the nightmares.

I walk up to the area where the R.V is and people are making piles of bodies. I see a blonde women leaning over a younger girl lying dead. I walk past Daryl who is driving a pick axe through member’s heads. I walk up to Rick.

“Hey Rick is there anything I can help with?” I ask

He is standing next to and man with black curly hair and skinny women with long brown hair.

“Oh guys this is Gemma we found her in Atlanta” I am thankful Rick left out the part about me trying to jump off a building.

He introduces me to Shane and his wife Lorie.

“Well I need to go talk to Andrea.” I watch Rick approach Andrea and crouch down. Then she raises her gun and I run up to Rick.

“Um, Rick let me talk to her.” he nods and backs off slowly returning to Shane and Lorie. I kneel down looking at the girl before me. She is covered in blood with a bite mark on her neck and wrist.

“Was she your sister?” I ask and she nods.

“What was her name?”

“Amy.”

“I know it’s hard but you need to let her go. She’s gone.”

“I can’t.”

“Sooner or later you’ll have to.” And with that I left her.

I walk back to where Rick is and now Daryl and the others have joined.

“We have to take care of her. She’s a time bomb.” Daryl says

“Just leave her alone.” I say and walk off.

I walk to where there are no tents in sight. I sit on the grass bedded ground and stare up at the sky thinking about what life was life before this. My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a twig snap. I snap my neck around and grab my knife but there is no threat.

Just Daryl.

“Why are you following me.” I ask lowering my knife and standing up.

“Don’t need you doin’ anythin’ stupid.” He says

“Um I think I’m over that for now.” I respond scratching my head.

“What sure you doing out here?” he asks

Why would he care?

“Um, just thinking.”

“What about?” he asks way too many.

“Um, just what the world use to be like. You don’t need to stay.” I tell him.

“I think I’m gonna stay.” He says ugg why won’t he just go away/

Daryl’s P.O.V

She sits back and throws her head back. I’m still standing walking in a circle around her with my crossbow raised.

“You know, if you’re going to stay you can sit.” She says patting the ground next to her.

I sit next to her and set my crossbow next to me.

“So why were ya on top of that building?” I ask

“Well it’s pretty obvious I was trying to kill myself.” She says plainly and chuckles lying down with her arm over her eyes.

“Well why were you gonna jump?”

She sits up and looks at me “It’s the apocalypse” she sounds like she’s about to cry or yell at me “I think we should get back” she quickly changes the subject.

Gemma’s P.O.V

We walk back up to here Jacquie yelling.

“Jim’s been bit!” she keeps repeating

Jim tries to defend himself but T-Dog grabs him and Daryl lifts his shirt up revealing a bite red and swollen on his chest.

“I say we put a pick axe through his head and the girl’s and be done with it.” Daryl says

“Is that what you would want for you. “Shane asks

“I would thank you while you did it.”

“What if we bring him to the CDC they said they were working on a cure.” Rick says

Then he continues “They have shelter, food, protection it’s our best shot.”

I walk towards Jim.

“Hey Jim how are you feeling?”

“Okay. Are they gonna kill me?” he asks

“No were actually thinking about going to the-“I am interrupted by Daryl running towards Jim with a pick axe. Then, Rick points his gun at Daryl and I stuck in a sharp breath.

“We don’t kill the living.”

“Come with me.” Rick says pulling on Jim’s arm.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Somewhere safe”

----

I decide to visit Jim. When I walk in he is sweating so I get him a wet rag and place it on his forehead.

“Shouldn’t you be at the burying of the dead?” he inquires

“Nah I didn’t know any of them anyway. Just didn’t think there was a point.”

“I’m going out for some fresh air if you need anything hollers.”

“Thanks Gemma.”

I walk out of the R.V and can see everyone on the top of the hill. They are all sad and crying, then start to walk down. Then I see Carl run down the hill up to me.

“Hey Carl.”

“Hey Gemma.”

“Why don’t you go play with Sophia?” I say pointing towards her.

“Okay.” He responds and runs off.

I walk into the tent and dig through my bag and found a picture. I look at it staring at me and her she was so lovely so-.

“Gemma?” Carl says

“Yeah” I say wiping a tear that rolled down my face.

“My dad’s gathering everyone up.”

I sit down in front of the fire it barely having any smoke. Andrea is passed out in a chair beside me.

“I’ve been thinking about Rick’s plan and those of you that wanna go, we leave in the morning.” Shane announces.

So what do I do?

What have I got to lose?

I’m going to the CDC.