Don't Lie to Me

When I wake up I see that Daryl isn’t here. I decide to go look and see who the prisoner is. I’m curios to see if he’s as bad as everyone says he is.

I run to the shed and hear moaning. I open the door and am met with familiar hazel eyes. I see Daryl raise his fist.

“Daryl no!” I scream and lunge towards him and block his fist.

“Stop I know him.” He looks at me with a confused look.

“You should to. He’s the guy in the picture. He’s Andrew.” I turn towards him he has blood on his face.

“Gemma is that you.” He says weakly and I bend down and pull my sleeve up and wipe the blood from his mouth.

“Yes.” I say excitedly I turn to Daryl

“I thought you knew. You see the picture practically every day.”

“I’m sorry Gem I-“

“Just go.” I interrupt him “I need to talk to Andrew.” He sadly leaves the shed and I sit across from Andrew.

“Oh my God I can’t believe you’re alive.” I say tears of joy pricking at my tears

“I can’t believe you are either. Where’s Mavie?” he questions and my stomach drops and I look at the ground.

“She’s dead.” I choke out

“Oh my God.” He looks down I get up and sit next to him and rest my head on his shoulder and he groans. I lift my head.

“Sorry. God, Daryl did a number on you.” I put my thumb to his bruised cheek and I examine his eye.

“I’m going to go get something to clean that.” I say referring to his busted mouth area.

I exit the stable and on the way I see Rick and I run up to him.

“Hey Rick.”

“Yes.” He asks

“It’s about the prisoner. I know who he is. He’s practically part of my family.” I say and he frowns

“Well we were planning on killing him.” He says

“No please he’s the only family I’ve got.” I beg “I’ll watch him.”

“Okay we’ll let him live but he has to stay in the shed.”

“Oh thank you Rick.” I say and hug him then I run into the house.

I grab a pitcher of water, a bowl, a towel , and a biscuit and make my way to the stable to clean him up. I run into Jess on the way.

“Oh hey Gem.” I say almost dropping the towel

“Hey what are you doing? Here let me help you.”She says and grabs the bowl and towel and I lead the way.

“Um you know the prisoner.” She nods “He was my friend before this, more like my brother I should say.” I look at her and she’s taking it surprisingly well.

“Well I want to help.” She volunteers

“Thanks.” We make it to the stable and I open the door and step in.

We sit down and I start to pour the water into the bowl.

“Hi I’m Jess.” She says to Andrew and he goes to give her a hand shake but is restrained by the cuffs he has on. I take a bobby pin out of my hair and start moving it around in the key hole.

“That’ll never work.” Andrew sighs then I hear a click and the cuffs pop off.

“Oh really.” I smirk at him and he sighs

I reach for his wrist and he gives them to me. I dip the towel into the water and lightly dab it on his cut wrists and he winces.

“Sorry about Daryl.” I apologies

“What’s his deal?” he asks sounding angry

“Well is not that he’s bad or anything I mean-“

“He’s her boyfriend.” Jess interrupts me “I mean he’s probably just trying to protect what’s his.” Jess tells me and I look at Andrew’s face and it’s filled with disappointment. But I guess that it’s just that Daryl beat the crap out of him.

“You know I wish I had a guy like that.” Jess says looking longingly towards Andrew. I toss the biscuit at her.

“Here I’m going to find Daryl. Feed him that he looks hungry and I don’t think his hands work that well at the moment.” I laugh and close the stable door behind me.

 ----

I walk over to the tent and see Daryl organizing his arrows.

“Hey” I say to him and he looks up surprised to see me “I wanted to say I’m sorry about this morning and yelling at you it’s just you were beating him so hard.” He walks over to me and snakes his hand around my waist and pulls me towards him.

“I’m sorry.” He says and presses his lips to mine then we are interrupted by someone coughing

“What do you need Dale.” I groan knowing that the moment is now gone.

“It’s about the boy.”

“What about him.”

“Well I want you to help me save him.” He says

“Wait what. He’s not supposed to be executed. Rick told me-“

“Well Rick told you wrong.”

Oh my God he might die tonight. I look up at Daryl. “I’ve got to go find Rick.” I say and quickly run off.

----

I find Rick in the barn with Lorie. I run intot the bottom of the barn  and Rick is on the loft talking to Lorie and tying a rope up. The barn still smells lightly of the dead.

“What the hell Rick.” I scream up to him

“What?” he asks me looking down

“You said that you would let him live.” I say

“Well I decide-“

“No Shane decided because your to much of a coward to tell him what you think.” I yell at him

“Calm down Gemma.” He says making his way down the ladder

“Because of you what family I have left is going to die.” I say and run out of the barn

I look down at my feet as my blood starts to boil. Then it cools and I run into someone. I look up and see Daryl’s eyes on me.

“Gemma are you okay?” he asks me and I put my head to his chest

“There going to kill Andrew.” I say with no emotion

He pulls me close and kisses my head “Everything is going to be alright.” He whispers in my ear

I look up at him “Don’t lie to me.” I say and he gives a disappointed look on my face.

I get out from his grip and start walking towards the shed.

When I open the door to the shed I see Jess’s lips pressed to Andrews. His hands are placed on the side of her head. I cough. Jess turns and her eyes go wide.

“Uh- Gemma- I- we.” She stutters

“No it’s fine I think its cute. I was worried that Andrew wouldn’t find anyone.”I say and Andrew  looks at me.

“Hey that’s not fair.” He says and I laugh then I remember what Rick told me. I press my lips to a frown.

“What’s wrong?” Jess asks me putting a hand on my shoulder. I slide my back down the wood wal and sit on the ground and she joins me. I look at Andrew.

“What is?” he begs

“There going to decide weather to kill you or not.” I say and his face goes blank and I hear Jess let out a shaky breath.