You Have to Take Risks

“Wait there going to kill me.” Andrew yells and stands up and pulls his black hair. He looks down at me “What are we going to do?”

“Nothing we can do.”  I say and look at my hands

“Don’t you care what happens to him?” Jess asks me I look up at her.

“Of course I care. He’s all I have left.” I stand up  to face Andrew “I’m sorry but Shane isn’t going to change his mind.”

I look into his hazel eyes. They are glossy like he’s about to cry. I’m worried that he might scream at me. Maybe I do want him to scream at me. I promised life and instead he gets death. Then he wraps his arms around me.

“It’s fine.” He tells me and I sit down and Jess and Andrew do the same.

----

I see through the cracks of the shed ,the the sky is turning orange. Its getting late. Sunset there deciding his fate. I let out a deep breath. Then I hear my stomach growl.

“You hungry?” Jess asks and I nod “I’ll go to the house and get something.”

She gets up and exits the shed closing the door behind her. I look at Andrew he looks in shock. I stand up and my shirt lifts a bit and I hear him chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” I ask and make my way to the door and open it for fresh air.

“Your tattoo. It’s pretty hilarious.” He point to my tattoo and I notice part of it poking out and I pull my shirt down.

“You were there too. I wasn’t the only one drunk.” I take a seat next to him

“Yeah but you’re the one who wanted it.” He counters

“I’m just glad it’s not something super embarrassing. But, I have been mistaken for liking girls.” I chuckle and we have a moment of awkward silence then I break it. “So, you and Jess.” He looks up from staring at the ground.

“I don’t think that’s going to work out now.” I slump my head at his response.

I hear the creak of the shed and I see Jess with a biscuit. I stand up and take it from her and break it into thirds and hand it to her and Andrew and I take the last piece and put it in my mouth.

I look towards the doorway and see Daryl. I run up to him and wrap my arms around his neck.

He whispers in my ear “It’s time.” I notice rope in his hands and I grab it from him.

“I’ll do it.” I tell him.

I make my way over to Andrew. I kneel in front of him and he notices the rope.

“Now?” he asks and I nod.

He stands up and turns around so I can tie him up. I wrap the rope around his wrists and tie it into a strong knot. He turns around and I stare into his hazel eyes. They seem darker now. I see a tear run down his face. I bring my thumb up to his cheek and wipe it. I’m interrupted by the light touch of Daryl’s hand to my arm.

“It’s time ta go.” He tells me and I nod.

I grab the rope on Andrew’s wrists and lead him out of the shed. We make our way in the dark to the barn. I follow behind Rick and Shane. Daryl is close behind me and I notice that Jess isn’t here. I kind of understand. She had feelings and then they were ruined but you have to take risks to fall in love with someone it’s not easy.

We make it to the barn and Daryl hands me a blind fold. I grasp it firmly in my hand and lead Andrew to the center of the barn. I push him slightly so that he kneels. I lean down and tie the blind fold on his head.

I kiss his head “Be strong. It will be over fast. I love you Andrew.”

“I love you too Gemma.” He says his voice filled with fear.

I make my way back to Daryl and look up to him. “Hold me back.”

“What?”

“Do it or I might tackle a Rick.” I say and he wraps his arms around me.

I stare at Andrew. He’s kneeling and partially shaking. I feel a hand to my chin and I look at Daryl. “Don’t watch.” He says and I put my face to his shoulder.

My best friend that I love is going to die in a matter of seconds. We were like siblings.i hear the click of the bullet fall into the chamber. A stray tear falls. I brace for the sound of the shot. I imagine that I would be the only one who actually visits the grave. But, I guess it would be like when I thought he died in the city. I drift back to reality and I hear Carl’s small voice telling his dad to do it. I watch as Rick slowly backs away from Andrew. I struggle for Daryl to let me go.

“Daryl let me go.” I struggle “There not going to kill him.” He releases me from his grasp. I run over to Andrew and fall on my knees in front of him. He’s still blind folded.

“Gemma is that you?” he weakly asks me and I lift the blind fold. My green eyes meet his hazel ones. There are a few stray tears on his cheeks. I take my knife from my boot and cut the ropes behind him and he stands up.  Wrap my arms around his neck for a brief moment. Then Rick leads him back to the shed. I hear a scream and the rest of us run to the source of the scream. The scream sounds like Dale. I run farther into the field. I find a walker on top of Dale. I plunge my knife into its skull but not before he is badly injured.

“Hey over here.” I scream “Help.”

They all come running and I kneel down and cradle his head while he struggles to breath. Andrea comes and takes his head from my hands and I stand net to Daryl and wrap my arms around his waist.

“He’s suffering. Do something.” Andrea begs

I watch as Rick brings the barrel to Dale’s head just like with Andrew. He struggles to pull the trigger probably because he’s use to killing the dead not the living. I remember him saying that sometime back at the camp. Daryl tries to get out of my grasp around his waist and I let him go. He takes the gun from Rick and points it at Dales head. I hear him mumble something then then I hear the shot ring in my ears.

I walk away from Dale’s lifeless body. I see the pond near where the cattle drink. I walk to the edge of it and sit and hug my knees. The water slowly sways to where it barely touches my boots. I see movement next to me and its Daryl.

“Are ya okay?” he asks me and moves closer to me.

“Yeah, I’m just so tired of losing people.” I tell him.

“I think we all are.” He tells me.

“When will it end?” I ask still looking out at the blue pond and the reflection of the moon.

“What?” he asks me

“The death. The sadness.”

“It won’t, but I can help with it.” He assures me. 

I look up at his eyes. Those blue eyes that could calm me at the most stressful time.  Those eyes tthat could take away the pain lean in and press my lips to his. He puts his hands on my neck snd I wrap my fingers through his brown hair.

“I love you Daryl.”

“I love ya too Gem.”

A/N hey guys so the second season is almost over and i am so excited for the 3rd one i hsve a lot of ideas. she said she loved Andrew but like a brother if you were confused. please vote and comment adn if you follow me ill follow you.love yas

the geek