The man with the crossbow

Running. Running. That’s all I ever do. At my old life walking was nothing. Heck! I even hated it. But now walking, it’s a luxury, one I can’t afford. All I do is run. You might ask what is she running from, well I’m running from the undead. This is my story.

I run as fast as I can up the stairwell taking two steps at a time. I’m stuck in Atlanta after my herd was eaten by a crowd of walkers. I sprint faster and faster up the stairs. I slam the door behind me. I reached the roof of the high-rise. That was too close I passed three walkers.

I scan the roof to find a pair of bloody hand cuffs. Lying next to them is a severed hand. I cringe at the sight and search more. There is a bag of tools not far from the handcuffs. Those tools could probably help me survive. But the thing is I don’t want to live anymore.

God is doing this to me. He keeps making ways to make me survive and those around me not.

I walk towards the ledge and look over it. Walkers are scattered around the streets and in cars. I think for a moment and step onto the ledge. I feel the soft breeze hit my face whipping my long brown hair back. It feels good I feel calm. There’s nothing any one can do to stop me. Then I look down once more and feel slightly dizzy so I try to stand still.

I’ll jump on three.

“1…2…” then I am interrupted by a commotion coming from the door with a pad lock on it. I see the tip of what I think is bolt cutters. They quickly cut through the metal with ease.

I’m frozen in place as the door swings open. I am met by four men. There is a man dressed as a sheriff walks in, a scrawny Korean guy, a black man, and a man holding a crossbow with sapphire eyes.

They stare intensely at me at me and remember I’m standing on the ledge. I look at them one last time, bend my knees. I’m about to leave the ground when someone grips my wrist.

I turn to see the man with the crossbows gripping into my wrist, his fingers digging in the more I struggle.

“Ow ugg get off me” I scream while trying to rip my arm away but all he does is pull me off the ledge and I stumble and fall to the ground. When I sit up the crossbow is pointed at my head.

Daryl’s P.O.V

I barged through the door expecting to find Merle but instead I see a girl with green eyes and long brown hair flowing in the wind. But she was going to jump off a ledge so I through her to the ground and pointed my bow at her.

“Sit still or I’ll shoot ya.” I bark aiming at her head. She starts to chuckle.

“What’s so funny? “I ask

“You’re gonna kill me if I try to kill myself. That’s so smart.” She laughs

I look at her and then my eyes slowly travel to a trail of blood leading to a severed hand. It wasn’t just any hand it was Merle’s.

I cup my face yelling “No” but I quickly recover from this small tragedy. “He could still be alive” I tell myself.

I turn to T-Dog “You got a courage I could use” he hands me a bandanna.

I bend down to wrap the hand up and the girl scoots over and hugs her knees.

“What’s your name girl” I ask

She shoots me a dirty look and goes back to staring at the ground playing with her fingers.

I raise my bow once again, damn this girl is stubborn. She looks up at me and sighs.

“My name’s Gemma okay, I don’t know why you would care you’re gonna kill me anyway.”

Rick cuts in “We are not going to kill you in fact we may need you. Do you have any skills?” he asks her.